Shellac from CND

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nails Plus

Nails Plus
Reaction score
At last the soak off gel we've been waiting for! Shellac from CND Will we have to do a conversion course to be able to purchase this I wonder?

Last edited:
At last the soak off gel we've been waiting for! Shellac from CND Will we have to do a conversion course to be able to purchase this I wonder?
Soke off Gell from CND You say!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :Love::Love::Love:

Geeg!!! what say you? :eek::Grope::hug:

This is what I have found on it.

Shellac™ truly is a hybrid of traditional nail polish and UV gel polish. Unlike soak-off gels it comes in a polish bottle and unlike traditional polish it cures/dries under a UV lamp. Though what I really liked is there is NO BUFFING. There is absolutely no damage to the natural nail in the process. So how does it work?

Shellac paints on like polish – base coat, color, top coat – and is cured in a UV light so there is zero dry time. The colors are hypo-allergenic, and “3-Free” – no formaldehyde, toluene or DBP. Shellac will launch in a range of 12 varieties of shades, from pretty French pinks and whites, to siren red and rich darks. The formula is thin and flexible like polish, so it not only looks natural, it provides strong natural nail protection with a resilient mirror finish that resists dullness and chipping, even during the most rigorous activities.

Last edited:
It sounds fantastic. If it goes on like enamel then I wouldn't expect a course unless you don't know how to work a uv lamp.

The answer to your question is this ...........

Naturally CND will only be selling to trained professionals.
If you have a valid training certificate from any recognized source OR if you hold your Level 3 manicure and pedicure, then you can purchase Shellac without training ... it is that easy to use ... but don't think for an instant that its simplicity lessens its effectiveness. It never alters its original appearance in over 2 weeks and it never lifts or chips ... It's flexibility with the natural nail is awesome and you never see a stretch mark of any kind; it stays perfect. Being a hybrid gel, it is completely dry on curing. No matter what system you use, you can buy Shellac from CND.

Naturally being CND we will be offering a 2 hour free class with the purchase of the professional kit to anyone who wants to partake of it (there are always hints and tricks to be learned with anything new).

Both the free training and a kit will be gifted to you when you attend the EVENT in May!!! Now how can any nail tech worth his/her salt and who cares about their career turn down the opportunity to partake of that and get to meet and listen to Doug Schoon??? :lol:

Last edited:
Will it be as strong as Brisa gel?

If you have a valid training certificate from any recognized source OR if you hold your Level 3 manicure and pedicure, then you can purchase Shellac without training ... it is that easy to use ... but don't think for an instant that its simplicity lessens its effectiveness. It never alters its original appearance in over 2 weeks and it never lifts or chips ... It's flexibility with the natural nail is awesome and you never see a stretch mark of any kind; it stays perfect. Being a hybrid gel, it is completely dry on curing. No matter what system you use, you can buy Shellac from CND.

Naturally being CND we will be offering a 2 hour free class with the purchase of the professional kit to anyone who wants to partake of it (there are always hints and tricks to be learned with anything new).

Both the free training and the a kit will be gifted to you when you attend the EVENT in May!!! Now how can any nail tech worth his/her salt and who cares about their career turn down the opportunity to partake of that and get to meet and listen to Doug Schoon??? :lol:

How much will the full kit cost?

Last edited by a moderator:
If you can't go to the event can you buy it after???????
Is it at the event to purchase as and extra??????????

Will it be as strong as Brisa gel?

Brisa gels are for strong enhancments.

So, No .. Shellac is completely different it is a gel polish ... it is perfect for those however who can grow their own natural nails or for those who have had enhancements removed to keep their nails strong and flexible. The base , the colour and the top coat layers are a perfect alternative for those who want to grow their own nails and keep them a bit longer.

How much will the full kit cost?

Speak to Sweet Squared after the EVENT or attend it and learn more.

Kezza --- If you can't go to the event can you buy it after???????
Is it at the event to purchase as and extra??????????

Yes of course from the 4th of May.

Read my post above.

This sounds great :green:

Both the free training and the kit will be gifted to you when you attend the EVENT in May!!! Now how can any nail tech worth his/her salt and who cares about their career turn down the opportunity to partake of that and get to meet and listen to Doug Schoon??? :lol:

Annabanna is going to burst...I didnt realise we were going to get the kit....whoopeeeeee! :lol:

Annabanna is going to burst...I didnt realise we were going to get the full kit....whoopeeeeee! :lol:

I'm with you there Anna!!!! Soooo excited!!! xxx

How cool is that - I must remember to bring my lovely silver CND bag to bring it home in!:)

OMG!!! I am sooooooo excited!!! I didn't realise THAT!!!! Thank goodness I have my ticket booked already!!!!:lol::lol::lol:

This is going to be one awesome weekend!!!

Thanks for the info Geeg, cannot wait.....are we there yet????!!!!:hug:

I want to come to the event!!! I hope i win the guild competition!!! fingers crossed!!!!

I want to come to the event!!! I hope i win the guild competition!!! fingers crossed!!!!

Well I hope you don't cos I want it, :lol:

I just rang sweetsquared about it, as I figured the price of a ticket to the event would be worth it if all 12 colours etc were included. They seemed a little unsure. As the event is Saturday and Sunday I can't go anyway as I am in salon Saturday. They were also unsure if I could buy the shellac without a cnd cert. Which I am NOT gonna do.
Hopefully they will supply it.

I just rang sweetsquared about it, as I figured the price of a ticket to the event would be worth it if all 12 colours etc were included. They seemed a little unsure. As the event is Saturday and Sunday I can't go anyway as I am in salon Saturday. They were also unsure if I could buy the shellac without a cnd cert. Which I am NOT gonna do.
Hopefully they will supply it.

If you read my post, that is the correct information ... I think you can take that as not being unsure.

Sounds fantastic!! Sooooo excited!!! Can't wait for the event!!!!!!!

i got an email about this today. im wondering whats the difference in shellac and other soak off gel ? my email said it lasts up to 2 weeks only ? any more info anyone ?

The difference is... that Shellac is CND and the rest are not..... :D

Latest posts

Back