Shellac from CND

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think all these replies are demonstrating that the best person to make a decision about your business is you!

It's good to hear other opinions but doing something from someone else doesn't make it wrong

I don't recall the equivalent "NSS" in the hairdressing world happening and so maybe thats why there is a difference in how the times and earning potentials have evolved...???

Hi

Off topic I know but: Of cause we have this! We have it all the time, with home hair kits, cheapo salons and mobiles!

I know some salons that do highlights for £20! I know some mobiles that charge £15!!

They can't be making any money at all!!

Yet we are still busy?

My salon is, but my clients trust us and know we will do a brilliant job, guaranteed!

I personally think with the nail industry it is a lack of education, as in the public and the new nail techs!! The nss salon in my town do tips for £25! We are only £34!! Its a nightmare! I have been concentrating on other area's of my business as we don't want to compete with silly prices!

I am hoping shellac will bring in more natural nail clients who appreciate a good job and a reasonable price.

I am going to be charging £16 for a shellac application with shape up included. £12 on top of any other manicure....... I think!

What are everyone else's thoughts on charging?

See id compare this type of service to a rebalance or overlay prices. Am I wrong in thinking this? Its a high end treatment that lasts the same as a rebalance/coloured gel treatment would.

I want to add it as a stand alone treatment then offer it as an add on in an express manicure or pedicure. Of course they can have it with their luxury treatments im not going to turn away business but after all this treatment is about no drying time, quicker for clients to get in and out without drying, so im aiming it at my busy clients first!

It is definitely a high end product. I'd say £20 at least for stand alone treatment.

How much do you LOVE ME!!!

I have Shellac Service Menu Guidelines for Manicure, Pedicure and Enhancements (these also include REMOVAL). Email Dalla Lavers for info - STOP - Just kidding!! I just sent them to Della! ;)

Email me if you want them but REMEMBER - it may not be until next week that I can forward them through! We have thought of everything!! Of course!! :o

You all know my email address right! - [email protected] and as an FYI - these are in ££££'s not $$$$'s but CND does of course have them in $$$$'s should our Yankee Sista's need them!!
:hug::Kissing:

I have Shellac Service Menu Guidelines for Manicure, Pedicure and Enhancements (these also include REMOVAL). Email Dalla Lavers for info - STOP - Just kidding!! I just sent them to Della! ;)

Email me if you want them but REMEMBER - it may not be until next week that I can forward them through! We have thought of everything!! Of course!! :o

You all know my email address right! - [email protected] and as an FYI - these are in ££££'s not $$$$'s but CND does of course have them in $$$$'s should our Yankee Sista's need them!!
:hug::Kissing:

Totally love you!

I've just sent you an email and totally understand that you'll be busy what with the Event this weekend. But I really want this info. If anyone already has it would they send it on to me??? [email protected]

That was a speedy email. Wasn't expecting that so quick.

Thanks Samantha. :hug:

Email Della Lavers for info - STOP - Just kidding!! I just sent them to Della! ;)

:

lol, phew! you got me there for a minute:o

I love you soooooooo much, thank you :Love::Love::Love::Love::Love::Love:

How are people advertising/ talking about Shellac to their clients?

How do you describe shellac?

I would like to get some wording on Shellac on my website & some posters made up but not sure how to word it!

Can it be advertised as the 2 week manicure?

Any help & advice would be really appreciated.

Love Emma x

I would like to get some wording on Shellac on my website & some posters made up but not sure how to word it!

Love Emma x

I have been saying it goes on like polish, is thin like polish and lasts for at least 2 weeks.

I would love to get some info on my website too. I've added a wee paragraph saying coming soon but would love some official info. Not long to wait now though.

When you order or get your kit-all this info will be available,SQ and CND have the best Marketing Tools.

When you order or get your kit-all this info will be available,SQ and CND have the best Marketing Tools.

I've only got less than a week now to wait.

Love Emma x

This is what I've put on my new price list:

Revolutionary new hybrid nail colour from CND, it goes on like a polish, wears flawlessly for 14 days of high-gloss shine, and is removed in minutes. The formula is thin and flexible like polish, so it looks natural, yet it provides strong natural nail protection.

I searched online for info about it and this I thought sounded good. I couldn't decide whether to put 'strong natural nail protection like a gel' at the end or not so left it off. It's more a natural nail service so I didn't want to coonfuse clients by putting gel on the end.

On my website I have:

COMING SOON - SHELLAC NAILS Shellac is a UV gel polish. Nail colour that goes on like polish, cured in a UV lamp making it instantly dry. Shellac doesn't chip or flake, last for 2 weeks and removes in minutes.

I wanted to get something in there ASAP and this is what I came up with. I don't reall like it. Obviously I will change it when I get the proper info next week.

On my website I have:

COMING SOON - SHELLAC NAILS Shellac is a UV gel polish. Nail colour that goes on like polish, cured in a UV lamp making it instantly dry. Shellac doesn't chip or flake, last for 2 weeks and removes in minutes.

I wanted to get something in there ASAP and this is what I came up with. I don't reall like it. Obviously I will change it when I get the proper info next week.

How 'bout this, from the CND website:

The First Hybrid Nail Color

Short, sweet and to the point. HTH! :)

Last edited:
Is anyone planning on charging extra for French Shellac?

I've seen a few salons do this for Bio and Calgel.

Thanks for the wording girls, the links from the CND website are fantastic, & really answer every question.

I will be charging extra for french, as it is recommended to put 50% on to your manicure & pedicure prices so for me;

Manicue - £16 with Shellac £24
French Manicure - £18 with Shellac £27
Pedicure - £20 with Shellac £30
French Pedicure - £22 with Shellac £33

Not too sure for stand alone prices but think I might go with;
(All prices include soak off)
Shellac colour only (fingers or toes) - £16??
Shellac french only (fingers or toes) - £18??
Shellac fingers & toes only - £30??
Shellac french fingers & toes - £33??
Soak off only - £6/8??

Does anyone else know what they will be charging?

I have booked my shellac attack class for 11th May - cant wait!

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back