Shellac from CND

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So went to my local cosmoprof today. They have never heard of shellac. So anyone in brithish columbia cosmoprof will not have it but i found out that pronails in calgary alberta will be carrying it with the intro kit being about $ 180. Hope this is helpfull to my fellow canadians:d

Day 1 of our Regional training yesterday (yes Regionals before The Event) and the US CND team launched SHELLAC to our team and they LOVE IT!

The technology behind SHELLAC is amazing and there is NOTHING like it out there at all. Day 2 today and THE EVENT tomorrow. Not sure I will have a voice by Monday!:D

do we need to take uniform and tools etc? Never been to any of these things b4!

OMG I am bursting just had to tell someone and since hubby and daughter don't get it you guys will have to bear my excitement :D I have just placed my order for my Shellac rack and supplies. Yay!!! I can't wait to get it but now that I've placed it I am no longer worried they might sell out before I get my stuff. May, 17 roll on!

OMG I am bursting just had to tell someone and since hubby and daughter don't get it you guys will have to bear my excitement :D I have just placed my order for my Shellac rack and supplies. Yay!!! I can't wait to get it but now that I've placed it I am no longer worried they might sell out before I get my stuff. May, 17 roll on!

How exciting for you!!!

What excatly is in your Shellac rack? & what supplies have you ordered?

Have you tried it yet?

No not yet but I cannot wait and neither can my clients. There were 6 colors, base and top coat, some remover pads, instruction sheet, tent card and the actual rack in the kit. I also ordered the remaining 6 colors and a big pack of remover pads, a window cling and some sort of coupon. I can't stop grinning I am so excited. Thought I would have to wait another 2 weeks before I can order. I'll be checking my email every 5 minutes now to see when it is shipped. :D

Patience is something I don't have this week. lol Today makes 5 business days that the package from the Vegas beauty show left to come here. I don't think FedEx delivers on Saturday, but we are closed Monday, so hopefully we will have it no later than Tuesday, but hopefully before then! I am so sad that it didn't come sooner. I am so jealous of people on CND's facebook page saying they have it, here in states close to mine. They also bought it at the IBS show, and shipped it via FedEx. :( I want it now! lol

I'm soooooo excited about this. Only got 4 more days to wait now. Was doing minx toes last night and getting clients excited too!

Well was it worth waiting for?

It sure was! - You will all love it - yes you will, really!

Here is a tip from Holly (fingernailfixer) - she is a wizz! I asked about Spike and she has on her nails one coat of Fedora and one coat of Red Barroness and it as near to Spike as everyone was saying to her - you have Spike on your nails!

Hi Fiona, do you by any chance know when prices etc will be put up on the sweet squared site? I want to order it!

Not sure Dawn, but if you contact S2 tomorrow they can tell you.

Salon Geek - Shellac Lovers

With so many different questions about Shellac getting lost in this HUGE thread I thought I'd make use of my preamie status and make a group.

I'd love to see pics, especially colour combinations geeks discovered at the event.

Fiona (naturalnails) and I were Shellac partners, we were INNOVATORS (said in an American accent lol)
I have Rosebud and Negligee (layered) on my nails, applied by Fiona, and it looks fabby, I had lots of positive comments about the colour. The iridescence of the Negligee over the Rosebud made a 'new' colour and it's gorgeous :green:

I'm totally smitten by the versatility of Shellac, it's going to take the world by storm... REALLY!!! :wink2:

A question for those of you that have already used shellac now.

My therapists are fully qualified and very talented at nail work. We used the step by step instructions on the website, and a bit of practice to master minx. They both now apply it quickly and perfectly.

They are both proficient at both gel and acrylic already. Will they need any training for shellac? or is it easy enough for them to follow a set of instructions?

If they can paint nails, they won't need any training... it's the very same as applying Enamel ( except you need the lamp).

I haven't had any training yet, but would like to, just to get some tricks of the trade that I'm sure the girls at CND will have up their sleeves :D

A question for those of you that have already used shellac now.

My therapists are fully qualified and very talented at nail work. We used the step by step instructions on the website, and a bit of practice to master minx. They both now apply it quickly and perfectly.

They are both proficient at both gel and acrylic already. Will they need any training for shellac? or is it easy enough for them to follow a set of instructions?

OK, being perfectly honest here - in some ways it is irrelevant that they are proficient in gel and L&P - are they precision polishers?

Shellac goes on like Polish, not gel.

I am not sure of the depth of the instructions included with the kit. It is always best to be shown how to work with something new.

Yes they are incredibly good at applying polish. One has been doing nails for almost 25 years!

Thats why I asked this question! If it is just a matter of curing times then they wont find it difficult.
If there are specific application techniques ie like gel, then I need to book something.

Yes they are incredibly good at applying polish. One has been doing nails for almost 25 years!

Thats why I asked this question! If it is just a matter of curing times then they wont find it difficult.
If there are specific application techniques ie like gel, then I need to book something.

I have read somewhere today a reply from Gigi that said that if you are qualified then no, you will not need to do training to buy this product.
I have never used a uv lamp at all. I am a straight L&P geek and I picked it up instantly.
You paint on thin layers cure for the correct time wipe of tacky layer on the finished nail only and there you go. I keep looking at my right hand, I'm so very inpressed with this product. Would just add that after attending Doug Schoon's workshop I do understand why it is important to have the correct lamp. So make sure that it's on your shoping list. The new CND lamp will do all five nails together and has a removable tray so toes are easy to do. Hope this helps xx

When will Shellac be on the Website ?? :biggrin:

Latest posts

Back