Shellac from CND

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
couple of pics of the display rack we got at The Event.....

ohh and also... there is NO heat spike with this at all :D

Attachments

• rack 1.jpg
    rack 1.jpg
    72.4 KB · Views: 1,260
  • rack 2.jpg
    rack 2.jpg
    68.3 KB · Views: 1,297
Can anyone please tell me more about "layering" two different colours to make another colour?
Is it better to paint the lighter colour first or second or does it not matter?

Would someone mind please naming the 12 shades of Shellac & saying what colour they are?
Rosebud - light pink?
Negligee -
Fendora -
Red Barroness - dark red or light red

Would it be a good idea to paint some "sample nails" to show our clients, or can we buy this from CND?

If anyone has any photos of their "shellaced" nails uploaded, can you please let us know so we can all have a look?

xxx

couple of pics of the display rack we got at The Event.....

ohh and also... there is NO heat spike with this at all :D

That looks lovely,
Is that all the 12 colours on the display rack too?

Can anyone please tell me more about "layering" two different colours to make another colour?
Is it better to paint the lighter colour first or second or does it not matter?

Would someone mind please naming the 12 shades of Shellac & saying what colour they are?
Rosebud - light pink? It's a creamy mid pink
Negligee - Pale pink suitable for using for french manicure
Fendora - Fedora - very dark red, like Nail Noir
Red Barroness - dark red or light red - Red, like a strawberry, not a post box scarlett

Would it be a good idea to paint some "sample nails" to show our clients, or can we buy this from CND?

If anyone has any photos of their "shellaced" nails uploaded, can you please let us know so we can all have a look?

xxx

Holly Schippers (aka Finger Nail Fixer) was wearing 1 coat of Fedora, cured, then 1 coat of Red Baroness, cured, then top coat - they were gorgeous dark red.
I'm wearing Red Baroness now, but will be changing it to Holly's mix tomorrow, will take a pic and post it in the new group.

The bottle are coloured exactly, and I mean EXACTLY the same as the product will appear on the nail, so no real need to paint up sample nails if you don't want to.

That looks lovely,
Is that all the 12 colours on the display rack too?

no there are 2 missing...the 2 black bottles on the end are the base and top gloss....

Are the soak-off removal pads already pre-soaked in a remover or do you need to apply an acetone/ remover solution to them?

Are the soak-off removal pads already pre-soaked in a remover or do you need to apply an acetone/ remover solution to them?

No, you have to soak them :D

And not much remover needed on them either, just removed mine so I can have my first play tomorrow and was impressed and amazed at how little each pad needs.

Well, I have just Shellac'd my first paying client......and she loved it!

I feel big.....huge....things ahead for this product! xx

Thanks for that Nikki & min11

Lyndsay, how much are you charging for Shellac?
Are you charging the same for colour & french, for fingers & toes?

Do you think it if you apply a few diamontes to the colour then a top coat to seal it in it would work ok?

Oh I am so excited!! We got it in the spa today! I quickly did the owner's nails before she had to leave. I am going in tomorrow around an hour before we open to do mine! I think I'll be doing a lot of Shellac tomorrow for the employees! :D :D It was sooooooooooooo easy to use! The base coat seems to make the color just glide on like hot melted butter! It is so nice! I am in LOVE. :D

hi ladies
i really want to buy CND shellac? but unfortunately no-where sells it that will ship to australia!

Unfortunately i dont have official training in nails- i just learnt from my mum who used to do nails in her salon so i cant register on alot of websites.

Anyone on here own a store that i can buy CND shellac from? I already have the lamps

kat
xo

does anyone know what colours are in the kit?
sorry if this has been done already but its late n theres too many pages to read x

does anyone know what colours are in the kit?
sorry if this has been done already but its late n theres too many pages to read x

The salon rack comes with Cream Puff, Negligee, Rosebud, Tropix, Wildfire and Red Baroness. The six additional colors available are Tutti Frutti, Hot Chilis, Romantique, Strawberry Smoothie, Iced Cappuchino and Fedora.

Lyndsay, how much are you charging for Shellac?

I'm currently following the guideline of 50% again on top of the normal price, but I think it'll settle down into it's own service price band, similar to that. Considering just doing it as a £10 hike to each existing charge, as thats how it averages out for me.

I have just ordered my kit!!! So excited :D sadly there are no lamps in due to the volcanic ash :sad: so cant really have a play around til I get my lamp! I have a sunlight 36w lamp but dont think that will work!

Lyndsay, can you please tell me step-by-step what you did and what you used when applying your shellac?
Do you use scrub fresh & disburst?
How long does it take to do?

When I placed my order I got told to do Shellac first then the manicure or pedicure, is this the way round you did too?

Min11 - what did you use on your pads to remove the Shellac?

I have just ordered my kit!!! So excited :D sadly there are no lamps in due to the volcanic ash :sad: so cant really have a play around til I get my lamp! I have a sunlight 36w lamp but dont think that will work!

Lyndsay, can you please tell me step-by-step what you did and what you used when applying your shellac?
Do you use scrub fresh & disburst?
How long does it take to do?

When I placed my order I got told to do Shellac first then the manicure or pedicure, is this the way round you did too?

Min11 - what did you use on your pads to remove the Shellac?

For straight application you would prep as normal, for CND, and then apply your Shellac Base coat, cure 10 secs, 2 coats of colour curing 2 mins for each and then Shellac top coat, curing 2mins before wiping with Isopropyl Alcohol remover....D-sperse will work well. Do not wipe with Scrubfresh or any other wipe solution that contasn Acetone...this will break down the Shellac.

If you Spa Manicure or Spa pedicure then carry out your normal pre first, then apply Shellac then carry out the Spa element of the treatment after the Shellac is applied.

You use D-solve on the pads to remove, or another Acetone based product remover.

And calm down! My computer is exhausted at all your excitement! :lol:.....

HOOORAAAYYYYY!!!!!!

my Shellac is ordered and should be here in about 2 days :D:D:D

Emma - I just asked my girl if the lamp was in stock as I'd heard it wasnt and she said yes everything was there, did you order from sweet squared??

God I'm soooo excited!!!!

Just to let you excited lot know, there is now a shellac lovers social group! This may be easier to find info then trawling back through the pages in this post! :hug:

Apologies if this has already been asked.
I know the smaller kit comes with 6 colours.
Am I correct in thinking that you also get the base and top coat which means 8 bottles in total?

How about the other stuff like remover pads etc?

Latest posts

Back