Shellac from CND

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Apologies if this has already been asked.
I know the smaller kit comes with 6 colours.
Am I correct in thinking that you also get the base and top coat which means 8 bottles in total?

How about the other stuff like remover pads etc?

yeah thats right...we got the 6 colours...base coat, top coat, rack, 60 remover wraps, some bits of marketing...

all the details of whats in what kit are in the new SS catalogue

Thank you so much for answering all my questions :hug: Lyndsay, me, calm down! I am at bursting point with excitement :lol::lol:

Do you wipe inbetween each coat with isopropyl alcohol remover or just before the top coat?

Is scrubfresh ok to use on pads to remove?

What does a normal CND prep consist of?

Sorry for all the questions, x

heatherp - When I spoke to the lady at sweet squared this morning she said the lamps are held at customs due to the volcanic ash. I ordered the salon wall rack kit with extra bits, not sure if the store display kit has the lamp included and they already have them in the kits - did you order the store display kit? x

Thank you so much for answering all my questions :hug: Lyndsay, me, calm down! I am at bursting point with excitement :lol::lol:

Do you wipe inbetween each coat with isopropyl alcohol remover or just before the top coat?

heatherp - When I spoke to the lady at sweet squared this morning she said the lamps are held at customs due to the volcanic ash. I ordered the salon wall rack kit with extra bits, not sure if the store display kit has the lamp included and they already have them in the kits - did you order the store display kit? x

You ONLY wipe after the topcoat has been cured....NO wiping between layers...cure each layer....NO filing between layers..

It really is a very simply 4 step system....

1...Apply Shellac Base Coat...10 sec cure..THIN
2...Apply Shellac Color Coat x 2 (cure each layer for 2 mins)...THIN
3...Apply Shellac Top Coat...THIN
4...Wipe.

Remember to cap each layer

I know you are impatient but it is best to wait until you have everything and the official instructions LOL.

You dont wipe between each coat - only after the final top coat.

Why would you want to use expensive scrubfresh to remove Shellac, use the enhancement remover product.

The 'prep' differs slightly from the normal CND prep as with Shellac there's no need to remove the shine, they called it PEP at the Event :D

I'm so excited about Shellac! Went on to the Sweet Squarerd site, but it's not available to order online. :sad: How do I get it and what exactly do I want to order? I'd like to get all the colours in at the start. What else do I need?
I'm actually gonna burst!

I'm so excited about Shellac! Went on to the Sweet Squarerd site, but it's not available to order online. :sad: How do I get it and what exactly do I want to order? I'd like to get all the colours in at the start. What else do I need?

You should be able to buy from the Irish distributor rather than Sweet Squared - they were the lucky ones and had it before anyone else LOL.

You will want the LOT when you see it, the bottles are the exact same colour as the product inside :D

You'll need d.sperse (or alcohol solution that contains no acetone) to remove the final inhibition layer and d.solve to do the removal.
The kit comes with 6 removal packs which include 10 removal wraps and an orangewood stick.

There are 6 colours in the Salon Rack plus a base and top coat. There are 6 more colours to choose from and more expected in the Autumn :green:

I'm soooo excited. Will get my kit tomorrow but won't get my lamp until a few days later so will have to wait to use it.

Meet the Colors - CND

click on the color and the bottle comes to the front...the bottle color is exactly the same shade as the Shellac...the match is great...

Have a client arriving in 40 mins ....think i will try Shellac over her enhancements ... so I'll rebalance her enhancements as normal but do i still need to apply the base coat prior to using the Shellac color....?...I am thinking that it wouldn't hurt to at least apply a thin layer around the cuticle area and side walls...?

Emma

I ordered the salon rack and the lamp seperately and asked her to check that the lamp was in stock as you had said it wasnt and she said it was definately all there and I would get it in a couple of days

Regards

Heather

At The Event, I was wearing BRiSA NNO & was told to remove the shine then apply, if applying to a new set or rebalance, do not remove the inhibition layer of gel & straight away apply the base coat of Shellac. I also over heard about applying over L&P & it was said to buff as usual to a 1200 & then apply as per the instructions.

I know it doesnt answer your question directly, but I'm sure for those who didnt attend will be asking those questions next :D

so are you saing you dont have to remove the shine on the natural nail at all ?

so are you saing you dont have to remove the shine on the natural nail at all ?

This is correct Jac, only prepare the nail as if for varnishing.

Helen if I can just address what you said - I thought they said to prepare the enhancement down to the 240grit stage - the 1200 grit stage is very smooth.

See we are getting confused and maybe confusing people already LOL.

I only read one of Gigi's posts yesterday and she says that the shine doesn't need to be removed from the natural nail... which is brilliant because it will save so much time and the clients will be thrilled.

I have been removing the shine with Shellac since I got it 5 weeks ago, but will try it out on my own nails first.... it seems weird not removing the shine and I'm worried that they'll lift if I don't

Helen if I can just address what you said - I thought they said to prepare the enhancement down to the 240grit stage - the 1200 grit stage is very smooth.

See we are getting confused and maybe confusing people already LOL.

Ok Fiona, I stand corrected, I was trying to over hear a rowdy bunch :o

Just to let you all know it is LIVE on the S2 site. I've just placed my order and i was shaking whilst doing so! lol Its all very exciting!! I feel like a kid on christmas morning! :biggrin:

I only read one of Gigi's posts yesterday and she says that the shine doesn't need to be removed from the natural nail... which is brilliant because it will save so much time and the clients will be thrilled.

I have been removing the shine with Shellac since I got it 5 weeks ago, but will try it out on my own nails first.... it seems weird not removing the shine and I'm worried that they'll lift if I don't
We were taught to do PEP at the Event, missing out the Removal of shine from the natural nail.
It did seem strange not to have a koala buffer involved :lol:

I've had mine on since Saturday afternoon, no lifting (don't expect any to be honest) and the shine on them is fantastic.

:green:

Just to let you all know it is LIVE on the S2 site. I've just placed my order and i was shaking whilst doing so! lol Its all very exciting!! I feel like a kid on christmas morning! :biggrin:

I was just the same , my husband can't see what all the fuss is about:lol:..xx

Latest posts

Back