Shellac from CND

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It is very EASY to price in SHELLAC and to Teresa's point I agree - some of you are charging way way WAY too cheap. Think of it this way for ease... if you are using SHELLAC, add 50% to your regular Mani / Pedi price - example below:
  • Standard Mani - £15.... with SHELLAC £22.50
  • SpaManicure - £25.... with SHELLAC £37.50
Same for pedicures... £30 and then with Shellac £45 (because 50% of £30 is £15 so you ADD the £15 for Shellac). Please let me know that everyone understands this...:Look_left

With enhancements - you add 20% for Shellac. Hope this helps and even for you home bodies - GET THAT PRICE HIGHER. You are using never seen before BRAND NEW UV3 technology... SHELLAC has created a NEW hybrid nail catagorythat's never been seen before. It's not gel, its not an enhancement and it's not a polish - it's UNIQUE. That is HOW you justify your prices plus using all the 'point of sale' info - 14 day wear, no smudges, no DRY time.... fast and non damaging removal techniques.

BE Smart... Be Confident!! You must be behind your products and believe 150% so that you can confidently charge with ease! ;)

Last edited:
I have set my prices with a little help thanks Fee :hug:
Shellac Manicure £20
Shellac Pedicure £25
Removal and Manicure £12
ReShellac
Fingers £20 Toes £25
I am charging £8 for on top of enhancements.
So really if you are having shellac reapplied then removal is free which will be a great selling point.

It is very EASY to price in SHELLAC and to Teresa's point I agree - some of you are charging way way WAY too cheap. Think of it this way for ease... if you are using SHELLAC, add 50% to your regular Mani / Pedi price - example below:
  • Standard Mani - £15.... with SHELLAC £22.50
  • SpaManicure - £25.... with SHELLAC £37.50
Same for pedicures... £30 and then with Shellac £45 (because 50% of £30 is £15 so you ADD the £15 for Shellac). Please let me know that everyone understands this...:Look_left

With enhancements - you add 20% for Shellac. Hope this helps and even for you home bodies - GET THAT PRICE HIGHER. You are using never seen before BRAND NEW UV3 technology... SHELLAC has created a NEW hybrid nail catagorythat's never been seen before. It's not gel, its not an enhancement and it's not a polish - it's UNIQUE. That is HOW you justify your prices plus using all the 'point of sale' info - 14 day wear, no smudges, no DRY time.... fast and non damaging removal techniques.

BE Smart... Be Confident!! You must be behind your products and believe 150% so that you can confidently charge with ease! ;)

Samantha, this is the part I am having trouble with. Surely we should just charge an extra amount for the Shellac regardless of whether the client has a spa manicure or regular manicure? It is going to take the same time and the same amount of product so why charge more with a spa manicure?

I know full well my clients would look at that pricing and think exactly that.

I am starting to panic as I have a split on my left thumb.
I know my nails were quite thin as I over filed them on Saturday morning but what do you suggest to save it?
Unlike polish it has not split/chipped further since washing my hair this morning.
Suggestions PLEASE!
Thank you.

I am starting to panic as I have a split on my left thumb.
I know my nails were quite thin as I over filed them on Saturday morning but what do you suggest to save it?
Unlike polish it has not split/chipped further since washing my hair this morning.
Suggestions PLEASE!
Thank you.

Are you saying your nail has split with shellac on it?

I appreciate you are working from home. The problem being if you charge a too cheap price for your treatments you arent actually going to be making any money so what is the point in doing the treatment anyway.

How long does it take you to do a manicure from the client arriving at your property to leaving through the door? You dont just have the products to pay for you have all the equipment you need to buy, all your training costs, all your bills to pay as well as taking an income to keep your home and family afloat.

It just doesnt make good business sense.

My husband is a project manager and sat down last night on the pc and produced a business plan, detailing all my treatments, times taken, costs etc. We did include cost of heating home salon etc. So I wouldn't worry about my business sense too much. I would still be making a profit, it was all worked out.

As has been stressed before we all live in different areas and the price we are able to charge accordingly can differ greatly. I don't see any harm in having an introductory offer just to let people see for themselves how good the product is. Otherwise some clients will never try it, feeling it's a bit too much to pay. As it is so new, people will not believe how good it is until the try it for themselves. Then I can increase my price if I so wish.

There are lots of people around me offering tans a lot cheaper than me. I have resisted dropping my prices so far so am making a healthy product in other areas of my work.

Sorry, yes I do have shellac on but as I said I quickly and over filed my nails on Saturday to try it out.
Just wanted to check what is suggested Gel Bond? Top Coat? Removal???

Sorry, yes I do have shellac on but as I said I quickly and over filed my nails on Saturday to try it out.
Just wanted to check what is suggested Gel Bond? Top Coat? Removal???

Why not file it down so it doesn't crack any further? ... it will soon grow out with SHELLAC.

I know the poster understands that Shellac is not an enhancement product. It does add a certain amount of strength but for something like a split, you need to either apply a bit of product to that area first, or adhesive and hope for the best.

Samantha, this is the part I am having trouble with. Surely we should just charge an extra amount for the Shellac regardless of whether the client has a spa manicure or regular manicure? It is going to take the same time and the same amount of product so why charge more with a spa manicure?

I know full well my clients would look at that pricing and think exactly that.

I see and understand what you are saying. But you are forgetting something MAJOR important. You normally take nail polish off quickely. Now you will be adding an extra 10 minutes for Shellac Removal PLUS the Wraps!! You must include these in the price!! The first time you Shellac is one thing, but customers are going to love this so much, that they will want to be removed and re-shellaced again.... hence the extra!!!!

Keep those Shellac prices up people. Yesterday I charged one of my regular manicure clients £25 for her classic mani plus shellac and she said 'are you sure that's all'!

Thanks Samantha for clearing the pricing up, I was going to double the price of my manicure and was thinking that was too much!!

I'm still a bit confused on what I should charge for reshellacing?? I am going to charge £30 for a shellac manicure, would you add extra for removal or keep it the same price? Just thinking I don't want to put people off coming every two weeks.

Wow! My UV lamp has been delivered today - good old S2 yet again - over achieving against my expectations. Guess what I will be doing tonight instead of my ironing! :)

Had a bit of a nightmare in getting the lid off to put the bulbs in but got there eventually. ALso, just a reminder to all - dont forget to take the bottom tray out to remove all the blue protective layer plastic.

I didnt think I was going to be able to play until Monday so it was a great surprise! Thanks S2! x x x

I see and understand what you are saying. But you are forgetting something MAJOR important. You normally take nail polish off quickely. Now you will be adding an extra 10 minutes for Shellac Removal PLUS the Wraps!! You must include these in the price!! The first time you Shellac is one thing, but customers are going to love this so much, that they will want to be removed and re-shellaced again.... hence the extra!!!!

I will definitely be charging a decent amount on top of a manicure price to include a removal etc but if I was a client I would be thinking I could have Shellac for an extra £7.50 on a standard manicure price but if I have a Spa Manicure the Shellac is going to cost me an extra £12.50! And there is no difference in the extra treatment. I would then lose out as a client would choose to have a standard manicure rather than a spa manicure iyswim.

I went to get my Shellac kit today. Very excited about its potential. Like Oey had a bit of a nightmare getting the lamp lid off, trying to push the wrong bit (also good job I read about the plastic shrink wrap) followed by trying to put the bulbs in on that side angle. Eventually got there and am excited about playing with it.

Got the kit on my business charge card so its gonna have to make its money back pretty quick. From the success other geeks are already seeing I dont think it'll be too much of a problem tho.

Wow! My UV lamp has been delivered today - good old S2 yet again - over achieving against my expectations. Guess what I will be doing tonight instead of my ironing! :)

Had a bit of a nightmare in getting the lid off to put the bulbs in but got there eventually. ALso, just a reminder to all - dont forget to take the bottom tray out to remove all the blue protective layer plastic.

I didnt think I was going to be able to play until Monday so it was a great surprise! Thanks S2! x x x

Ooooo Im dead jealous! My shellac kit arrived, but not my lamp yet. Boo!

I will definitely be charging a decent amount on top of a manicure price to include a removal etc but if I was a client I would be thinking I could have Shellac for an extra £7.50 on a standard manicure price but if I have a Spa Manicure the Shellac is going to cost me an extra £12.50! And there is no difference in the extra treatment. I would then lose out as a client would choose to have a standard manicure rather than a spa manicure iyswim.

In this case why not split the difference and make it 10 pounds extra on either treatment. So in the end it will be the same % added on to your 'manicures' as a whole.

Remember the guides are there to help you price things but you can tweak them on your pricelists to make them work for you. What the guidlines are saying is that it should add about 50% to the price of your natural nail treatments, so between the standard and luxury manicures it will work out an average of 50% extra on your incomes as you will continue to get some of each manicure type.

I also had a nightmare getting the lid off, i even rang sweet squared and was on the point of returning it when it just popped off, not sure how it came off but i got the bulbs in and have done my nails already its sooooo quick and easy. Will worry about getting the lid off again at a later date:D

The FEdEx man finally came with our box this Monday. I have Tutti Frutti on, and love it! My ring finger on my right hand started to peel a little, as well as my thumb on that hand. To be fair, my ring finger nail was weak, and had a dip in it on the free edge anyways, and the thumb always bends in the corner it was lifting from. I re-shellac'd the ring finger good and tight, making sure to cap the edge REALLY well. I let the other nail tech re-shellac my thumb, making sure to cap really well.

There is a slight learning curve with the French for me. First, when using a clean brush with a small amount of alcohol, it wipes clean really easily. Not like polish at all! Barely wiping at a mistake takes it right off! So at first, I wiped too much! lol Also, it's easy to get the white to thick, so make sure to watch that! Otherwise it will come out after the cure a little dimpled. I noticed I went a little heavy handed with Fedora yesterday, and it had a slight dimpled effect on a few spots. When they say thin layers, they mean thin! :)

I love shellac, and I am so happy we are offering this in the salon! We have our regular service prices, and for Shellac, we will be charging $16 more. i.e. :

Express mani (cuticle work, filing, painting) $22. With Shellac: $38
Regular mani (all above plus scrub, hot towels, massage) $28 W/Shellac $44

Express Pedi: $25 W/Shellac: $41
Reg. pedi $44 W/Shellac: $60

Removal (removal and cuticle oil only) $14
Removal with other nail service $10 (This will encourage re-shellac'ing! :D )

In this case why not split the difference and make it 10 pounds extra on either treatment. So in the end it will be the same % added on to your 'manicures' as a whole.

Remember the guides are there to help you price things but you can tweak them on your pricelists to make them work for you. What the guidlines are saying is that it should add about 50% to the price of your natural nail treatments, so between the standard and luxury manicures it will work out an average of 50% extra on your incomes as you will continue to get some of each manicure type.

Yes I think this is what I will do thanks x

Again I hear you, but the SpaManicure treatment is more anyway... I get waht you are saying... the only difference is Shellac therefore you should charge the same on top of each service.... you could I suppose make a decision on what you charge for Shellac, and also for Shellac Removal and Re-Shellac... make it the same for each treatment. I was purely going on what I see in the States. The positives are sooo positive that the extra is worth it to the customer. :left:

Sorry I have just seen Skymark has answered too. Enjoy Caroline! :hug:

Latest posts

Back