Shellac from CND

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi All,
Just wanted to say I am loving the Shellac Lovers group, great photos too!! Have you all joined? xx:Dxx
Salon Geek - Shellac Lovers

Hi I have looked but not sure if this question has been asked... how many applications do you think you can get from one pot of colour shellac ?

Hi I have looked but not sure if this question has been asked... how many applications do you think you can get from one pot of colour shellac ?

think i read it was 20 jac

Shellac Base Coat - 35
Shellac Colour Coat - 20
Shellac Top Coat - 20

xx

Sam, is this 20 sets of nails with two coats each, or 10 sets with 2 coats? Just wondering as the top coat has 20, with which you only do 1 coat, though I do feel it is thicker. (I know the base coat is thinner, that's why there are 35) I know you need to put on the colour coat thinly, so maybe 2 thin coats is the same as 1 top coat?

Sam, is this 20 sets of nails with two coats each, or 10 sets with 2 coats? Just wondering as the top coat has 20, with which you only do 1 coat, though I do feel it is thicker. (I know the base coat is thinner, that's why there are 35) I know you need to put on the colour coat thinly, so maybe 2 thin coats is the same as 1 top coat?

It's 2 coats per set. X

I've done the course and it's a fab product.

is shellac anything like nail harmony products?

i've had a bad exeprience with nail harmony so i will be looking into the shellac range for my salon

is shellac anything like nail harmony products?

i've had a bad exeprience with nail harmony so i will be looking into the shellac range for my salon

Nothing like them at all .. completely new science and manufactured by CND.

im deffo gonna get Shellac, it sounds perfect for my clients.:D

Thanks, you have answered my questions on pricing and these sound about right to me!
do you intend to sell the removal packets to clients or get them to come to you!
they seem so easy to use and no skill involved I wonder if this will reduce the cost and have them returning to have colour re-applied!:?:

did you get an answer to your free edge question on shellac?

I am just wondering:
can we put some NA (Glitter, Shimmer Pigments, Tattos, Sticker...etc.) into the sticky film-like we used to do with Gel applications?
I think yes-as long as it is not very "thick"-bcs. the layers of Shellac are not to apply thick. Eventually a 2nd layer of Top Coat to get it slick and smooth at the end.
Or am I totally wrong here?

Of course-"knowing by trying"-but it was just a thought during reading here.

Thanks a lot!:hug:

I have just shellaced my 4 year old LOL just had to shellac somebody, she is now sporting tutti frutti and before topcoat I painted a few swirls with gold acrylic paint and added some small plastic dots (lacking words to explain, but there's a pic in the shellac lovers group) then topcoat, and it is nice and smooth.

I think as long as it doesn't cover the whole sticky layer, and as long as it's not to bulky then it should be ok.

Last edited:
Thank you!
But I cannot find your pic....sorry...:o

Hi I was just wandering I have been discussing shellac on a different site and some one is having problems with curing with ripples I myself are having no problems at all, love love love it, this person is using a young nails lamp or a IBD lamp both 36 watt so I have said they need a brisa or the new lamp, they have said they was told these lamps would be fine so my question is, is this right as I have just sold my IBD Jet 5000 two handed lamp which I saved for ages and loved, only sold it as I have a 36 watt small lamp for IBD Gel so thought well I don't need three lamps but if I had known my IBD two handed lamp would have worked with shellac then I wouldn't have sold it, so is this person wrong ??? :sad:

If they are not using the correct tools for the job - they can not expect the results that those of you using the correct tools of the trade are getting.

We dont insist that you use the the Birsa / NEW CND Lamp for no good reason.

Sadly I can not make comment when they are are using the incorrect lamp with incorrect UV output.

Hi I was just wandering I have been discussing shellac on a different site and some one is having problems with curing with ripples I myself are having no problems at all, love love love it, this person is using a young nails lamp or a IBD lamp both 36 watt so I have said they need a brisa or the new lamp, they have said they was told these lamps would be fine so my question is, is this right as I have just sold my IBD Jet 5000 two handed lamp which I saved for ages and loved, only sold it as I have a 36 watt small lamp for IBD Gel so thought well I don't need three lamps but if I had known my IBD two handed lamp would have worked with shellac then I wouldn't have sold it, so is this person wrong ??? :sad:

If they are gettig poblems curing with their lamp then from that alone you could say, no, it doesn't cure Shellac.

If it has been said once ithas been said a thousnad times but I'll say it once again --

WATTAGE is NOT WHAT CURES GEL ... WATTAGE is the amount of electricity the appliance uses -
EXPOSURE TO UV IS WHAT CURES MOST GELS --- It is the amount or intensity of the UV that the lamp generates that matters.

SO --- if you have 2 lamps each with 4 X 9 watt bulbs, then the amount of electricity they use will be the same ... but if one of those UV lamps has DIFFERENT, STRONGER, MORE INTENSE UV BULBS (as does the CND UV Lamp) then one will not cure the gel and the other will.

I really hope this is clear ... THE CND lamp contains the bulbs and the right configuration to cure all CND UV gels. Other lamps will not. You will get problems and performance will not be guaranteed.
End of story.

Hi I did say this myself to them but they said all lamps cure it, and they have had problems with all colors but lamps are available yet where they are so hopefully when they get the new lamp they will be fine :D

Latest posts

Back