Shellac from CND

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi - a lot of my clients now prefer Shellac on their toes instead of using a Gel - much easier for sporty people
Have you removed Shellac from toes with the wraps? Would it make sense to do this with cotton and alumimum for a better fit - what have your experiences been? I was just way too fast to recommend the product to paying clients on seeing the results on hands but never actually tried to remove it from toes - stupid I know but Ive got a paying customer coming in after 6 weeks for a redo and well .. Id rather not faff in front of her. I read that the longer Shellac is on the longer it takes to come off - so Im thinking removal will take 20 mins?
Thanks for any info
Cait:confused:

Yes I have removed all my clients toes with the Shellac wraps, it is a little fiderly & harder on the smaller toes.
I have not tried the cotton pads with tin foil, but would be incline to try this on the toes as do fine it a bit tricky with the wraps. (toe wraps would be fab!)
Yes I would probably leave the wraps on for approx 20mins if the Shellac has been on for 6 weeks.
Yes you are right the longer the Shellac is on, the harder it is to come off as it addears to the nail more I believe.
I tend to do;
2 weeks on - 10 min removal min
3 weeks on - 15 min removal min
4-6 weeks on - 20 min removal min
Once you have left it on for 20 mins, just check the first toe you wrapped that will be the best guide to see if thats long enough.
Hth x

I've never worn Shellac for 6 weeks but I regularly wear it on my fingernails for 3 weeks and the removal time is still 10 minutes.

Removal for toes .. I tend to wrap the big toe in an individual wrap and the next 4 toes in one large wrap. HTH

I've never worn Shellac for 6 weeks but I regularly wear it on my fingernails for 3 weeks and the removal time is still 10 minutes.

Removal for toes .. I tend to wrap the big toe in an individual wrap and the next 4 toes in one large wrap. HTH

That's handy Geeg) it's a bit tricky with some toes to wrap them individually)

Have red baroness on my toes for 8 weeks already, still looking good but defo needing done) :green:

thanks guys -that helps and I like the idea of using the wrap on the big toe - looks more professional
To be honest I dont use gel on toes anymore as with Shellac it has become redundant -Shellac is great for sporty people too as the gelwas sometimes hurting the toes when in sneakers and growing out
thanks!
Cait x

thanks guys -that helps and I like the idea of using the wrap on the big toe - looks more professional
To be honest I dont use gel on toes anymore as with Shellac it has become redundant -Shellac is great for sporty people too as the gelwas sometimes hurting the toes when in sneakers and growing out
thanks!
Cait x

I agree with you.

I think most enhancement products are too hard for toes, but it is really the only choice we've had until Shellac. Shellac is the perfect in-between service for those who need some durability but don't need nails quite as durable as enhanced nails.

Sporty peeps can suffer allot with problems relating to wearing enhancement products on their toes. Ive seen many a toenail go black because of the pressure in shoes from wearing enhanced toes too long; the flexibility of Shellac is perfect for toes and to help avoid this problem.

Annabanna is going to burst...I didnt realise we were going to get the kit....whoopeeeeee! :lol:

Please can anyone tell me how to get hold of the new lamps to cure SHELLAC ????

Latest posts

Back