Shellac, Gelish and GelColor not lasting on one customer

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jordon

Reaction score
Hi geeks!
So I have one customer who cannot wear shellac Gelish or Gelcolor [emoji37] they peel and she barely gets a week from them. I use OPI Gelcolor and all OPI products and she has had Gelish in a salon I know to use genuine Gelish and Shellac from an unfamiliar salon but she said it was quite high end so I think it was the real deal.

What I going on?! [emoji20] she works in an office and I know she doesn't have any hobbies that would cause it to peel.

I'm not doing anything I don't do with other customers and I want to find the root of the issue! Any ideas? X

The answer is you client just isn't suitable for gel polish. Her nails are too weak to hold them so she requires a stronger coating such as gel or liquid and powder.

Because gel polish has become so popular , i think many people have fallen into the idea that its suitable for everyone. Its not. Its made for people with healthy nails who want a longer lasting coating than nail polish. People with challenging nails will require something stronger to last :)

The answer is you client just isn't suitable for gel polish. Her nails are too weak to hold them so she requires a stronger coating such as gel or liquid and powder.

Because gel polish has become so popular , i think many people have fallen into the idea that its suitable for everyone. Its not. Its made for people with healthy nails who want a longer lasting coating than nail polish. People with challenging nails will require something stronger to last :)
First class answer Noreen!!!

I have quite strong nails and always have, but I used to find that I could barely get a week out of Gelish on my nails. Most of my customers were getting the standard 2weeks plus though......then suddenly they started lasting on me. The only change I made is stopping my medication! (Remember there will be people that are adamant they aren't on medication but they really are!)
My sister in law also has quite oily nails so they aren't great on her either, no matter how much I prep them!
As mentioned above, there can be different reasons, don't blame yourself! :) x

Thank you ladies [emoji17] perhaps an acrylic overlay then gel polish? X

Latest posts

Back