Shellac & Gelish

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PeepPaws

Reaction score
Heloo Geekers!

Now, I realise I may not be very popular with this thread. I also realise that soooooooooooooooo many people are waiting on SHellac items.
I am getting really low on base and top coat of Shellac. I like to keep a stock in of these as it has become a huge product, as we all know. I do sooooooo many Shellac's in one day that being limited to only being able to order one of each could really affect my successful business. If I run out and can't get in a replacement for some time like now, how can I offer the realiable service I have strived to build. There are sooooooooooooo many of us waiting to be able to place our orders just for the base and top coats alone.....will there be a big chance Shellac will be running out again?

I 'get' that we have to have a limit to be fair, but I need to be fair to my regular clients. So, I have had to look around, which brings me to Gelish.
If loads of us move over to Gelish, will the same problems arise?

I don't want to move away from Creative for this service, but I am getting very worried about the limitations. Then , like I said, will Gelish be in the same predicament if lots of Nail Techs move onto them?

Don't want to upset anyone....so I hope this thread will get read as a worried business women trying to offer a full and long lasting service.:rolleyes:

I don't see why this thread should be unpopular at all :hug:.

Shellac and Gellish are both great products and I don't see why the two can't work alongside each other in the salon.

It's allways good to have a backup with any product and with having both in the salon there's less chance of 'running out' and a delay, that affects client wants/needs, resulting in a loss of business.

I can't see the Shellac stock problem lasting long now tbh, CND is too big a company to allow it to go on much longer.

I havn't experienced the shortage problem as I was lucky enough to be at the Event and bought extra top and base while I was there, my problem is bored clients wanting more colour choice ( they are just 'not gettin' the colour layering, they want what they 'see' on the bottle iykwim)

So in answer to the question, between the availability of the two products IMO I can't see this kind of shortage happening again.
:hug:

You have to do what you have to do no ones going to be mad at that, they are both fab products , but in business you have to work out your expenditures will buying in a whole other system , while waiting on stock to be sorted with shellac be profitable ?

You have to do what you have to do no ones going to be mad at that, they are both fab products , but in business you have to work out your expenditures will buying in a whole other system , while waiting on stock to be sorted with shellac be profitable ?

Thats the other thing that kind of makes me wait too. But, having said that,, the colour issue is a huge subject that my clients are very disappointed in. My fault,, I got them all excited, raving about the new colours being launched, and now they have to wait. And most of my clients like the darker colours. :rolleyes:

This is true but ( hate to say it lol) in 6&1/2 weeks it's October lol thee winter season so good for red baraness , wiled fire , fedora , spike(layered) , iced cappachino all of these colors are timeless and take on a diffrent look/feel/ appeal with winter seasons !

( excuse my spelling lol I'm geeking from the germon autobahn lol)

I'm not even that worried about the colours, my clients are all happy enough with the range available and I havent even began mixing them yet!
I opened my last bottle of base tonight (with a pamper event and full week of bookings ahead) only to find it is a bad bottle with lumpy base and a mangled brush. Do you think using the gelish base coat would work with shellac? (I'm not gel trained so cant buy brisa as the alternative), I dont want to invest in a whole other product but think if the base will work as a temporary fix it might save me some clients?

Hi,I had the same problem with non availability of base and top coat, just at the same time as my Jessica rep turned up with Geleration! I was very sceptical as they are a 'natural' company, she soaked off my shellac on one hand and applied Gelleration, which i kept on for two weeks to compare the two. (as they were different colours this was a great selling ploy cos everyone kept asking me why on earth i had two (clashing) colours on!) Any way, Jessica is just as brilliant as shellac, with added benefit of a builder gel if nails are weak or very ridged. I have mixed the two, something i would never normally do, but i had no choice as client wanted shellac colour and had to use geleration top and base. Was perfectly ok. As long as the finished result is great and lasts as long, clients are not going to mind which system they have! I love both!!!

I think they will be ok, as shellac and gelleration work ok together. I know it's a big no no to mix systems but i think as each layer is cured separately, it seems to work.

I have been using the Gelish base with the Shellac in my salon. I have had to find another alternative due to the demand. It has been great, but they are charging an inflated amount for your first bottle and a reduced amount there after. They have obviously caught up to the demand of the shellac and are able to do so. But it has been great and overall after your first order I think it is cheaper mil for mil

Hi,I had the same problem with non availability of base and top coat, just at the same time as my Jessica rep turned up with Geleration! I was very sceptical as they are a 'natural' company, she soaked off my shellac on one hand and applied Gelleration, which i kept on for two weeks to compare the two. (as they were different colours this was a great selling ploy cos everyone kept asking me why on earth i had two (clashing) colours on!) Any way, Jessica is just as brilliant as shellac, with added benefit of a builder gel if nails are weak or very ridged. I have mixed the two, something i would never normally do, but i had no choice as client wanted shellac colour and had to use geleration top and base. Was perfectly ok. As long as the finished result is great and lasts as long, clients are not going to mind which system they have! I love both!!!

Just a thought when reading this, but we're always told that you're not actually mixing systems by applying company A's product over company B's when it's already cured. That being so, then where's the problem with using another company's top/base whilst waiting for the one you actually want? If it keeps you in business in the meantime, it's a small price to pay for staying in profit, isn't it?

I have been using the Gelish base with the Shellac in my salon. I have had to find another alternative due to the demand. It has been great, but they are charging an inflated amount for your first bottle and a reduced amount there after. They have obviously caught up to the demand of the shellac and are able to do so. But it has been great and overall after your first order I think it is cheaper mil for mil

I'm not sure why you think this is the case princesspeaches, our prices have been the same since the beginning and are staying the same apart from any offers there may be. I cannot publish prices on here but I'm sure the Gelish geeks who were purchasing from May will testify to that.

Regarding the extra outlay for whole new systems, it's worth remembering that Gelish can be cured under the Brisa or Shellac lamp or any 36watt lamp and that we recognise that these are difficult times for some salons and techs and we offer excellent value for money starter kits and large 15ml bottles...but the only real problem we pose for you is our choice of 48 colours with a further 48 by the end of the year!

:wink2:

Georgie xx

I will confirm that Gelish prices have not changed!

The base is more expensive than the colours & top but you have to take into consideration that a larger 1/2 oz bottle is double the size of a smaller 1/4oz , so oz for oz is not more expensive than shelac base.

Hello from the other side of the pond;

Georgie has asked me to ensure all of our happy GELISH users in the U.K. that we have no problems with production or availability.

When Danny invented this "NEW" Patent Pending Technology for our industry we knew it was going to be an industry changer!!!

Our Launch in Japan & Korea in early 2009 proved to us that this technology would be HUGE!

We hope GELISH, Shellac, or Gelleration whichever brand you have choosen has opened up many more possible clients as we feel these types of products/services are marketable to 100% of the market.

Just watch our industry grow with this new technology :):):)

We hope you all love GELISH and if you haven't tried it yet we hope that you will soon!

Look foward to seeing you all at the Nailympics London 2010

Sincerely,

David Daniel

I can vouch that the Gelish prices have not changed at all since the launch. I have been using since the very beginning. I did buy my first lot from Holland before the launch in the UK and that was more expensive, but the prices in the UK have not changed at all! As Georgie says, the only problem is choosing from 48 sensational colours! :green:

As Georgie says, the only problem is choosing from 48 sensational colours! :green:

48?!!! It was hard enough for me to choose from GELerations 24 colours, and now they're already talking about the next 24!:eek:

Hello from the other side of the pond;

Georgie has asked me to ensure all of our happy GELISH users in the U.K. that we have no problems with production or availability.

When Danny invented this "NEW" Patent Pending Technology for our industry we knew it was going to be an industry changer!!!

Our Launch in Japan & Korea in early 2009 proved to us that this technology would be HUGE!

We hope GELISH, Shellac, or Gelleration whichever brand you have choosen has opened up many more possible clients as we feel these types of products/services are marketable to 100% of the market.

Just watch our industry grow with this new technology :):):)

We hope you all love GELISH and if you haven't tried it yet we hope that you will soon!

Look foward to seeing you all at the Nailympics London 2010

Sincerely,

David Daniel

thats great to know xxxx

welcome to the site xxx

Latest posts

Back