Shellac getting thinner?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tina

Reaction score
Hi

I bought a new Tutti Frutti, I used it for the first time today and it was so thin.
The first coat was almost transparent.
Even my client who has worn this colour every 2 weeks for the last 2 years noticed. After 2 coats the colour was still a lot more transparent than normal.
My client was happy to leave it at 2 coats but with shellac being made thinner it will cost is more time applying a third coat and more product to get the true colour.

Has anyone else had this or know the reason why it's now being made like this.
I know the newer colours were thinner but normally the older colours when I've reordered were never like this!

I found I have the same problem with city scape... I had to apply three coats... Yet all my other colours are fine at 2 coats...

Hi

I bought a new Tutti Frutti, I used it for the first time today and it was so thin.
The first coat was almost transparent.
Even my client who has worn this colour every 2 weeks for the last 2 years noticed. After 2 coats the colour was still a lot more transparent than normal.
My client was happy to leave it at 2 coats but with shellac being made thinner it will cost is more time applying a third coat and more product to get the true colour.

Has anyone else had this or know the reason why it's now being made like this.
I know the newer colours were thinner but normally the older colours when I've reordered were never like this!

Azure wish needs 3 coats easily.I'm wondering if the consistency is getting thinner in readiness for curing in the led lamp thats imminent?

Sent from my GT-P5110 using SalonGeek mobile app

My cityscape and cake pop are dreadfully thin, they both take 4 coats for perfect coverage! Not good cnd.....

Grape gum is the absolute worst, I hate when people pick this. All other colours I've found ok except burnt romance is a bit of a pain to work with.

Grape gum is the absolute worst, I hate when people pick this. All other colours I've found ok except burnt romance is a bit of a pain to work with.
i I just bought grape gum and omg.. Its soooo thin lol i thought the bottle had a defect so i returned it only to notice the new bottle was the same :( lol my new bottle of purple purple is the same and so is my new cake pop i bought this morning.. I dont understand why though :(

Sent from my Nexus 4 using SalonGeek

It's annoying isn't it x

I have found with all the new colours this year that I have been putting 3 coats on. The new collection that came out in August are fine although the burnt romance needs 3 but I have noticed this too.

I have a lilac longing that is really thin. Thought it was just me doing it too thinly :-/

I have a lilac longing that is really thin. Thought it was just me doing it too thinly :-/

Lilac longing would not cover in 2 Hun, very pretty though! It's not you x

Lilac longing would not cover in 2 Hun, very pretty though! It's not you x

Ah really? It is so pretty, glad to hear it wasn't my application :)

I love the colour of grape gum but that is really thin I even put a colour under it, I would like to know why it is ?

I bought a new bottle of tropix last month and that is same too! Previous bottle was perfect at 2 coats, this bottle takes 3 for total coverage!! So I don't think it's just the new colours!

It's making Shellac more expensive when we are not getting the same amount of applications we used too :-/

I remember some time ago this issue being mentioned in another thread and someone (i will not be mentioning names here) said something along the lines that "on no, nothing has changed, what are you people talking about". I felt tad offended as I also see the difference in the coverage.

Shellac is already a very expensive system (I know that quality doesn't come cheap ;)) but few words from CND would be appreciated.

it has changed ... i've worked with it since the introduction and it definitely has changed, would be daft to say it hasnt when we use it day in day out ... definitely using more coats per client and more time, albeit not a great deal of time, but added time to service nevertheless

not sure why its changed as it has been really lovely to work with over the years ... very frustrating !

new colours recently launched now seem to be thicker :eek:

kx

My client has text to tell me that she has noticed now that it's patchy as I only done 2 coats, she said only she can notice it really but that's not good enough. I think I may ring S2 tomorrow wonder if they will send out a replacement x

I too have used shellac since day one and I have noticed this too, apart from the new collection which I find really thick :rolleyes:

Grape gum is the worst, I don't use it unless I put a matching mica colour over it, I don't want to have to do three coats it makes it expensive and time consuming. :rolleyes:

Tina do another coat babe rather than a client leaving with patchy nails babe

i'll do whatever is needed coats wise so im happy with the finish before clients leaves the salon

kx

My client has text to tell me that she has noticed now that it's patchy as I only done 2 coats, she said only she can notice it really but that's not good enough. I think I may ring S2 tomorrow wonder if they will send out a replacement x

Just re read what I wrote , the client didn't say it wasn't good enough that's me saying that. I did offer to go back and do another coat but she said its fine and that she was just texting me to let me know x

grape gum, azure wish and limeade i all have to do 3 coats of! im surprised about the cakepop and tutti fruitti now being thin, as ive alwas found them lovely to use

Latest posts

Back