Shellac & glitter?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Steph30

Reaction score
hi how do you all apply shellac topcoat to glitter nails without it all getting on the brush and back in the bottle any tips would be very much appreciated cx

It's helpful to either use clearly pink purely for this reason or buy a separate topcoat just for glitter/additive use ☺

I use a separate top coat for glitter x

Me too I've got a separate top coat for glitter and I painted the top of the bottle with glitter nail varnish so I know which one's which! :)

I find that if you thoroughly brush the nails firmly with a dense, firm brush - not the brush used to apply the glitter - you won't need a separate bottle. I confess, I use a natural bristle waxing or stencil brush and make sure to get into the area around the sidewalls and eponychium. Depending on how you use it, you can even use it to burnish the glitter for a slightly different effect.

I find that if you thoroughly brush the nails firmly with a dense, firm brush - not the brush used to apply the glitter - you won't need a separate bottle. I confess, I use a natural bristle waxing or stencil brush and make sure to get into the area around the sidewalls and eponychium. Depending on how you use it, you can even use it to burnish the glitter for a slightly different effect.
I do the same and use just one top coat, if you scrub hard enough there really shouldn't be an issue :)

After i have put the top coat on, i wipe both sides of the brush on a pop stick before putting it back in the bottle

Latest posts

Back