Shellac gone funny

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

monkigems

Reaction score
Hi, I applied Shellac Butterfly Queen on this lady last Saturday and she sent me this picture...anyone any idea what’s happened to it!

Attachments

• C526DB7A-174B-475C-B444-9BB61564841C.jpeg
    C526DB7A-174B-475C-B444-9BB61564841C.jpeg
    276.8 KB · Views: 96
There's always been an issue with some CND shellac pinks fading in sunlight, I've never seen it go completely transparent like that. Have you contacted SweetSquard for advice? It maybe an issue with a batch

Thanks for your reply. I’ve used this colour a number of times and never known it to so this. I’m going to contact sweet squared. Thanks 😊

Thanks for your reply. I’ve used this colour a number of times and never known it to so this. I’m going to contact sweet squared. Thanks 😊

There's also the possibility that the use of alcohol based hand sanitisers exacerbating the fading issue. Sun screen is known to accelerate the issue, we've never had this level of sanitiser use before to discover if it's also a culprit

Hi, I applied Shellac Butterfly Queen on this lady last Saturday and she sent me this picture...anyone any idea what’s happened to it!
Has it done this on any other client before? It might be interesting to know whether it's the product or something this particular client might have done, to cause this to happen.
Having said that I'm no nail expert but we had some mid to pale pink shades in gel which used to fade when clients went on holiday to the sun. We were using Orly. Has your client been sunbathing? Just a thought.

Latest posts

Back