Shellac help

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JenBella

Reaction score
Hi guys,

Hoping for a bit of help with 2 issues if possible!

Firstly, doing a client a I completely forgot to Scrubfresh. We got interrupted just after the cuticle work (no excuse) and it totally went out of my head until I got home...she is a regular client and has no problems with lifting or peeling, her Shellac usually lasts amazingly well. I am in two minds whether to call her tomorrow and tell her I missed a step and will redo free of charge. Has this happened to anyone else and did the missed Scrubfresh make a difference or cause any problems?

Secondly, for those who used Dsolve, do you find this is a better remover than just normal acetone? Reason I ask is because I am finding sometimes with removal there is a residue left behind, its just not all flaking off easily. I use wraps and thoroughly soak the cotton pad but I am thinking maybe the Dsolve might be worth trying? Its not available here but I am registered with Sweet Squared and spend a lot of time in my Dads in the UK so can purchase when I am over there.

Any help appreciated, thanks

The scrub fresh dehydrates the nails so there are no oils or impurities on the nail but if you soaked off in acetone this may have dehydrated them enough that the shellac will stay . I would be honest though and tell her if anything happens them you will just redo them free of charge :hug:

If your removal is a bit difficult it may be that your base coat is slightly too thick , try and get it super thin , d-solve is kinder for the nails but i don't know if it removes it quicker or not as i've never used it sorry :D

Thanks for that...
I'm thinking I will just email her today and let her know I missed a step so if any problems within the two weeks I will redo. She gets her Shellac religiously every 14 days and is not a client who would be out for a freebie so I know she won't say there is a problem if there wasn't.

I will have to try get my base coat even thinner but I already clean as much off the brush as possible, dab on each nail and then go back over to cover nail.
It's a little frustrating that dsolve is not available here, also the ipa alcohol I bought in the official suppliers is 70% whereas I'm sure I read on here it's meant to be 99%

Thanks for that...
I'm thinking I will just email her today and let her know I missed a step so if any problems within the two weeks I will redo. She gets her Shellac religiously every 14 days and is not a client who would be out for a freebie so I know she won't say there is a problem if there wasn't.

I will have to try get my base coat even thinner but I already clean as much off the brush as possible, dab on each nail and then go back over to cover nail.
It's a little frustrating that dsolve is not available here, also the ipa alcohol I bought in the official suppliers is 70% whereas I'm sure I read on here it's meant to be 99%

Well I wouldn't say a word unless the need arises. You are just inviting the client to look for problems when there may be none if she is a regular wearer. I think it is a nutty idea to ring the client and invite a freebie if there is no need. If it turns out she has a problem, then you can fess up then.

I forgot to scrubfresh my mother in law once on one hand and that hand suffered with lifting within a few days , not saying this Will happen to you though just giving you my experience of missing a step x

Thank Geeg and Jackie

I am so annoyed at myself and feel bad that I missed out a step. If she does have lifting and I tell her then I missed a step would it not look like I was trying to cover up? Hubby says not to say anything as she might not have problem but I feel like I should be upfront.

I done some searches on here and see that a few people forgot and had lifting whereas others didn't so I guess it's luck of the draw.

Thank Geeg and Jackie

I am so annoyed at myself and feel bad that I missed out a step. If she does have lifting and I tell her then I missed a step would it not look like I was trying to cover up? Hubby says not to say anything as she might not have problem but I feel like I should be upfront.

I done some searches on here and see that a few people forgot and had lifting whereas others didn't so I guess it's luck of the draw.

Don't beat yourself up , I'm sure most people have made a mistake at some point :lol: Personally I would say nothing and if she gets back intouch with problems just get her straight back in and re-do at no cost xx

Latest posts

Back