Shellac Hot Pop pink too thick

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tiggs81

Reaction score
Hi, I am finding hot pop pink too thick to work with even though I have only used it a few times. I had a client last night and I sat on the bottle to warm it slightly as it is so cold, gave it a really good tap and it was so gloppy, I was having to load up the brush more than I normally would to get an even coverage and spent ages trying to sqeedgy it off with my clean brush, also capping the ends was difficult. Really worried that she is going to have problems with it.

I love the colour, but don't want to buy another if this is a general problem with hot pop, has anyone else found this? And is there anything I can do to thin it out?

Hot pop pink is one of my most popular colours and have never had this problem and I have 3 bottles of it. How old is the bottle? Where have you been storing it? If the bottle is new it might be worth giving sweet squared a ring about it they might be able to give you more advice x

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

Going thick is not a problem I have ever had with any Shellac Colour and that is the truth. I also never warm it as this would cause it to go thicker in time.

You cannot thin it.

Tap and turn the bottle against the palm of your hand until you are sure it is thoroughly mixed.

If it wasn't that way when you got it (which would be most unusual) then something has affected it, like a loose cap or leaving open for too long.

This happened to me the first time I use this colour, I just hadn't shaken it enough! Shake Shake Shake!

Mine isn't gloopy also. Neither of all my shellac colours are gloopy, even the older bottles are still fine. I always clean the neck of the bottle with some isopropyl alcohol (d-sperse in the uk i think) on a nail wipe. Never have any problems shellac being gloopy or thick

Latest posts

Back