Shellac - how many applications per bottle?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Belle Beauty

Reaction score
Sorry if this has been covered before. I have tried searching for an answer, but can't find one!

I'm just starting out with Shellac and I'm trying to work out roughly how much it cost me to do each treatment. Can anyone give me a rough idea of how many applications you get from each bottle of Shellac? I know it will vary if you're layering, etc, but some kind of rough idea would be great.

Thanks!

From the training day the trainer told us approx. 30 applications I *think*
x

Try a search again as this was covered quite recently........ some exact prices were given that would really help you out.........sorry I can't remember them:hug:

The costs per service are already worked out for you if you call sweet squared they can send you the document.
The guideline number of applications from the colour coat is 10. (Though many get more then this).
I'll pm you the cost per service as we're not to post prices here for the public to see. :hug:

The costs per service are already worked out for you if you call sweet squared they can send you the document.
I'll pm you the cost per service as we're not to post prices here for the public to see. :hug:

ooh could you possibly email me those too please?
:)

The guideline number of applications from the colour coat is 10. (Though many get more then this).
Hi there can i be cheeky and ask if you could pm as well, it would be a great help
Thank you
:)

I'm in the US however if you look at CND's website they have a coat per service worksheet and it gives you exact prices and number of applications :)

Thanks everyone. I thought I had seen a thread recently that mentioned 10 applications per bottle, but couldn't find it today.

10 applications is a very conservative estimate, you should get quite a lot more than that xx

I thought it was 18-20 applications per bottle!

Have just checked the CND website and it says 20 applications for the colour and top coat and 35 applications for the base coat.

Buy a large top coat it tuns out fast!!

Have just checked the CND website and it says 20 applications for the colour and top coat and 35 applications for the base coat.

I double checked this myself only the other day after the thread was posted. Although 10 services is conservative and many will get more, the guidelines are 10 applications of 2 colour coats (so that adds up to the 20).

I double checked this myself only the other day after the thread was posted. Although 10 services is conservative and many will get more, the guidelines are 10 applications of 2 colour coats (so that adds up to the 20).
It says on their site 20 services per bottle. I would assume that a service is classed as 2 coats of colour.

I thought so too, thats why I asked for clarification.
The information published online was published 5/10, the information received by Shellac Ambassadors was published in 3/11 so is the most up to date and it specifies 10 services using 2 colour coats.

In the Q&A section it refers to 1 single coat. Because it doesn't say 2 coats.
Base Coat = 35
Color Coat = 20
• French Pinks = 40
• French White Tip = 50
Top Coat = 20

So the numbers above are total coats per bottle.

I'm in the US however if you look at CND's website they have a coat per service worksheet and it gives you exact prices and number of applications :)

I've just downloaded this document and it's very useful. Thanks x

I have worked out the costs for shellac down to the last disposible pad. If any one would like this info then just message me.

xx

Last edited:

10 ? Thought it was 18-20 ,
I've always got more than 10 applications per bottle that's for sure, I think if it wear so few as 10 it would put allot of new techs off starting up with shellac ,

I thought it was 20 services per bottle of Shellac colour too, but I've checked the CND website and it now says:

Services per unit - Shellac colour - 10

Services per unit - Shellac top coat - 20

When you think about it, this seems logical because you do use two coats for the colour layer, although the top coat is a little thicker.

Hi

I have just double checked the cnd website and it says 20 services for colour. I am taking this as 20 x 2 coats.

xx

Latest posts

Back