Shellac Iced Cappuccino not curing

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

debbie 2324

Reaction score
Hey fellow Geeks! Anyone else having trouble with Shellac Iced Cappuccino not curing? This is the second bottle I've tried and will not cure no matter how many times I try. I love the color but I'm so frustrated. Thanks.

Are you using LED? There was an issue with some colours when they launched the LED lamp.....its been a while but I think Iced Cuppucino was one affected. S2 were replacing old stock which was UV cure.

Trinity thank you for your quick response. Yes I am using led. I just bought this bottle. I'm going to return it and let them know what's going on. They should not be selling old stock. Ugh! Makes me angry [emoji37]lol.

Argh wish I'd seen this post before tonight! Just had this issue with a new client - first time with me and having Shellac and although she was completely understanding I felt so unprofessional!

That's exactly what happened to me the first time I used it two or three years ago. I was so embarrassed. New client. Never saw her again. Threw that brand new bottle away and never bought another one until today. I thought surely this bottle would be ok but no it was the same thing all over again [emoji30]

If you are using an LED lamp, consider raising the hand in the lamp a little. Sometimes the touchy UV colours can be cured that way.

That would be very embarrassing. I swatch all new bottles before putting them into rotation. Just a little safeguard.

I've used it loads in the past with the old lamp with no problems and just recently got the new lamp! Ended up having to take it off and do something else and thankfully she has rebooked for 2 weeks time but just not the first impression I wanted to give! [emoji85]

I'm definitely sticking with my uv lamp after reading this!

Thanks everyone for your helpful advice and support [emoji4]. I only have an led lamp. So I'll give Jojo's tip a try before I return it . Thanks again!

Some shellac will not cure in LED. So while LED is nice and faster, there's still some products that it won't cure, so always keep a UV light on hand just in case. I learned this the hard way.

Thank you I will .

It's the only colour I have an issue with. I won't use it now.

Latest posts

Back