Shellac in the cold/heat

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Soph36

Reaction score
I was just wondering... I work full time doing another job and just do beauty work in the evenings as iv just started and about to move but when I have a client I take all my shellac kit with me and its in the car all day. Just wondered if its ok in there and does the heat/cold effect it in anyway?? I don't want to ruien it x x

I'm the same - I read on here a while back that extreme temps may affect it so I just take mine into work with me, HTH xxxx

Iv been thinking about doing that aswell but I don't want to keep lugging it around everywhere lol!! Got to much to carry as it is x x

Hi Soph,

Shellac should be kept at an ambient room temperature so I'd advise keeping the bottles in a roll or easy to carry holder that way you can just bring them into your day job and they aren't sitting in extremes of temperature. Remember in summer as well how hot the inside of a car gets!
You don't need to bring whole kit in with you, just the Shellac bottles.

I work from a summerhouse so this was always my concern too. As far as I'm aware, the heat is more what we need to worry about. My salon gets so so cold and other than being a little thick (which resolves once they're brought to room temp), my Shellac hasn't suffered. I have left a heater on overnight though if it's been seriously freezing but that's more me being paranoid that everything will ruin. The bottles actually state on them to keep in a cool place so I'm sure cold weather is fine.

Heat a different story though and I'd definitely not leave them in your car then ;)

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek

Thanku all very much for your help!! Much appreciated x x

Latest posts

Back