Shellac in the sun

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

xkayla_herex

Xamyx
Reaction score
Do you have to keep shellac out of the sun?

I am deciding where to hang my shellac nail display and want to check if it's best to keep them out of the sun? As I remember reading it's good to keep them warm but am thinking uv light from the sun could affect them?

I am deciding where to hang my shellac nail display and want to check if it's best to keep them out of the sun? As I remember reading it's good to keep them warm but am thinking uv light from the sun could affect them?

Its best if they are kept in room temperature - but don't overly sweat having in sunlight either... the bottles are UV proof. Otherwise they would cure in bottle.

Hope this helps!

HTHs

Definitely don't keep them in the sun all the time. The red and pink colours especially can fade, leading to the client selecting a shade and then remarking that the shade she is given is darker or brighter than on your display !! I know, this happened to me when I first started doing shellac! I did my displays and proudly put them on my windowsill (I work in a bay window) and after about 3 weeks some had changed colour slightly. Hugely embarrassing and a waste of time and effort xx

The bottles themselves fade and discolour even if the product inside is ok. I have all mine on the wall adjacent to a window which is permanently covered in a blind yet severaval bottles faded.

I’d keep them out of the sun if poss. My nail
Pops have faded quite a bit and I need to redo them twice a year (pain!)

Ok will keep them out of the sun incase thank you x

Latest posts

Back