Shellac & insurance?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jenny miles

Reaction score
Hi guys, does anyone know if you need a separate certificate to use shellac on clients? My main qualifications are in hair & makeup but i do have a basic manicure N.V.Q certificate as well, i am a mobile hairdresser & makeup artist & was wanting to add shellac to my service list. My insurance covers me for all nail services but i know that with acrylics i need a separate certificate & just wanted to know if this is the case with shellac? Any advice would be great!xxx

Hi guys, does anyone know if you need a separate certificate to use shellac on clients? My main qualifications are in hair & makeup but i do have a basic manicure N.V.Q certificate as well, i am a mobile hairdresser & makeup artist & was wanting to add shellac to my service list. My insurance covers me for all nail services but i know that with acrylics i need a separate certificate & just wanted to know if this is the case with shellac? Any advice would be great!xxx

You will need to check with your actual insurance company if they will cover you for it with a manicure cert and no shellac cert - it seems to vary from company to company . I would recommend doing the shellac course though and getting the cert x
Global Education Programme

I believe you need to do the Shellac course in order to buy the Shellac products from S2 anyway hun xxx

I believe you need to do the Shellac course in order to buy the Shellac products from S2 anyway hun xxx

You dont have to have a shellac cert to buy shellac from SS , you can buy it with a reconsigned manicure cert x

You dont have to have a shellac cert to buy shellac from SS , you can buy it with a reconsigned manicure cert x

Oh ok my mistake sorry, I'm only going on what I read in here the other day! I don't use Shellac, I use Gelish :) x

Thank you so much for the replies i'll have a look round for a course & do it anyway just to be sure!:D x

Thank you so much for the replies i'll have a look round for a course & do it anyway just to be sure!:D x

If you contact Sweet Squared 0845 210 6060 they will tell you where your closest CND Education Ambassador is based.
There is other places that offer Shellac training but these are not Autherised which results in the Qualificaton not being reconised.
So please contact S2 for the correct information :)

If you contact Sweet Squared 0845 210 6060 they will tell you where your closest CND Education Ambassador is based.
There is other places that offer Shellac training but these are not Autherised which results in the Qualificaton not being reconised.
So please contact S2 for the correct information :)

Thats great, thanks for your help!xx

Latest posts

Back