Shellac lamp for Gelish

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

littlesophie

Reaction score
Can you use your CND lamp on Gelish? I only use Shellac but my friend uses Gelish and informs me that you can use it for any Gels? :confused:

Thanks
Sophie

Personally I have no idea, you'd be best asking harmony xx

Can you use your CND lamp on Gelish? I only use Shellac but my friend uses Gelish and informs me that you can use it for any Gels? :confused:

Thanks
Sophie

Gelish instructions say that you can use one of their LED lights or a 36 watt UV light. The CND Shellac light meets that standard and is therefore in compliance with the manufacturer's instructions. On a personal level, for many months I used my Shellac light to cure Gelish and it worked great!

Last edited:
ok great thank you very much for your replies. xx

Yes it works just fine with Gelish.

xx

Thanks
Sophie

How long would you cure each Gelish layer for under the Shellac lamp? Many thanks x

You would cure for the same amount of time that gelis recommend.

How long would you cure each Gelish layer for under the Shellac lamp? Many thanks x

It's 1 minute for base coat, 2 minutes for colour and top coat.

Geeg - if I knew that, I wouldn't have asked the question.
Kirsty- thank you for your help x

Geeg - if I knew that, I wouldn't have asked the question.
Kirsty- thank you for your help x
That is why I answered it for you. Did Ii say something wrong?

That is why I answered it for you. Did Ii say something wrong?

Gelish don't give you a specific recommendation for the CND lamp, I think that's what she means. As CND bang on about their lamp not being a standard 36w uv lamp and that you specifically need their own CND lamp for Shellac, Emma may have thought that the curing time might be different.

Gelish don't give you a specific recommendation for the CND lamp, I think that's what she means. As CND bang on about their lamp not being a standard 36w uv lamp and that you specifically need their own CND lamp for Shellac, Emma may have thought that the curing time might be different.

I get confused about the whole cnd lamp thing. Don't wanna open up a whole can of worms her but if it is a 'special' lamp needed for shellac which 'isn't a gel' how come it cures gelish in the same timings as a 36w regular lamp? :s

Because as a 36w lamp, the CND one will cure other products that simply require a 36w, 4 bulb lamp to cure.
For Shellac however, the lamp has been specifically designed to meet the optimal cure requirements, which are different than for other UV products. The CND lamp and Shellac were made to be used together as part of a carefully tested system.
Many gel polishes don't require that complete system, and a generic lamp will work

I get confused about the whole cnd lamp thing. Don't wanna open up a whole can of worms her but if it is a 'special' lamp needed for shellac which 'isn't a gel' how come it cures gelish in the same timings as a 36w regular lamp? :s

There is a thread on here somewhere which explains scientifically how the lamps are different...

It could be absolutely true....or a fantastic sales tactic. I have no experience with the CND lamp so won't comment any further.

There is a thread on here somewhere which explains scientifically how the lamps are different...

It could be absolutely true....or a fantastic sales tactic. I have no experience with the CND lamp so won't comment any further.

The thread you mention , as YOU say, explains the scientific reasons why CND products will only achieve a complete cure with the CND lamp. So there was No need for the sarcastic comments about sales pitches. If selling the CND lamp with the system was only a sales pitch, the that would make us liars wouldn't it .... Which we are not. Had you added the link to the thread it would have been much more helpful. As it happens it is a sticky thread at the top of this very page.

http://www.salongeek.com/nail-geek/172609-uv-product-summary.html

Latest posts

Back