Shellac lamp smells of burning

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cath4512

Reaction score
Started to use me shellac lamp today & it sort of crackled smelled really badly of burning. I switched it off & have left it. Its not under warranty even though its only been used for 120 hours ( bulbs changed just once). I think its bad that it should break after 120 hours at the price that they cost.
Has anyone else had this problem at all?
To make it worse, its my daughters wedding on Friday & I'm supposed to be doing everyones nails this week including my own....really fed up.

Started to use me shellac lamp today & it sort of crackled smelled really badly of burning. I switched it off & have left it. Its not under warranty even though its only been used for 120 hours ( bulbs changed just once). I think its bad that it should break after 120 hours at the price that they cost.
Has anyone else had this problem at all?
To make it worse, its my daughters wedding on Friday & I'm supposed to be doing everyones nails this week including my own....really fed up.

not to pile on the woes, but have you seen the other threads? CND lamps are currently out of stock, with S2 quoting a few weeks until they are available again. I'm guessing the way you phrased your post that you don't have a second lamp spare??

Hopefully you will be able to beg, borrow or steal (jk!) one in time for your daughter's wedding... If i was closer would offer to help! xx

not to pile on the woes, but have you seen the other threads? CND lamps are currently out of stock, with S2 quoting a few weeks until they are available again. I'm guessing the way you phrased your post that you don't have a second lamp spare??

Hopefully you will be able to beg, borrow or steal (jk!) one in time for your daughter's wedding... If i was closer would offer to help! xx

I have just seen the other thread....nightmare as they say no other lamp will cure it. I have no spare lamp & tons of clients booked in....thats my business gone then !!

Don't despair just yet, you may be able to get a secondhand one from another tech or have a look into getting your lamp repaired. maybe a geek more local might be able to lend you a spare.

Latest posts

Back