Shellac layering: can't get a vivid blue

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You can make a gorgeous peacock blue by layering 2x purple purple ad 1x really thin layer of hotski I love it! one of my favourite colour combos.
Jen xx

hey thats lush. know what colour im having next. thanks hun xxx

Sent from my GT-S5570 using SalonGeek

Hi hun

I got a nice blue with two coats purple purple and in inhibition layer i gently presses a small amount of blue mica powder and top coated.

I know its not layering but personally this is great alternative and costs next to nothing to do. Roll on additives aye!
Sounds like way less hassle than applying and curing 2 more coats. I will try using my blue mica powders.

Thanx hunni x

Jen I love that colour combo, going to try that very soon!!

Curvygirl, it might be that you are using too much purple purple? I wear Blackpool x 2 with one very thin coat of purple purple over and it always looks like an electric blue, it's my favourite combo at the mo and I've worn it loads and did it on a friend the other day too.

But agreed, I would love there to be a pale and bright blue and a pale lemon and bright yellow to be released, so many colour options could be done then ;)

Sounds like way less hassle than applying and curing 2 more coats. I will try using my blue mica powders.

Thanx hunni x

Youre welcome lovely! It really is a lovely blue and done nice and quick :)

Id love a creme blue as opposed to the slight shimmer with micas but this is good all the same and uses very little pigment. Im a bit hit and miss layering but im sure thatll improve in time for me lol.

Love n hugs x x x

Latest posts

Back