Shellac layering to make a flat navy/dark blue

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pippit

Reaction score
Has anyone managed to layer Shellac to make a Navy/dark blue that is flat, not shimmery. I have tried the ones I have seen posted but they aren't a flat finish.

I have posted this on the shellac group aswell .

I don't think you can currently, only with a shimmery finish. one smooth even coat of blackpool and with negligee over the top! They could do with a nice navy and I raspberry pink colour not shimmery too! I will check back and see if anyone else makes better suggestions!

I'm my opinion the negligee doesn't make it that shimmery but it's not flat either.

As far as raspberry, try wild fire or decadence over hot pop pink. Beautiful colors!

Try Blackpool or asphalt x2 with purple purple

Take it the purple purple on last?

Has anyone managed to layer Shellac to make a Navy/dark blue that is flat, not shimmery. I have tried the ones I have seen posted but they aren't a flat finish.

I have posted this on the shellac group aswell .

How about removing the shine to make it matte once you have achieved the colour you want?

How about removing the shine to make it matte once you have achieved the colour you want?

I don't think she's after a matte look, she wants a blue creme.

You can't make one I'm afraid. The Purple Purple definitely won't work as that's a shimmery colour.

Yeah it seems it's one of the colours you just can't make yet. Although maybe if someone sat and layered maybe like 3 different colours you might find one. But alot of the colours have shimmer aswell. X

Other then using a negligee combination I dont think its a colour that can be made using any others- blue is a primary colour so cant be made. Negligee is the only one with enough hint of blue to create a shade of blue with but its only subtle so i think a creme blue is out of the question until the powers that be launch one for us.

Other then using a negligee combination I dont think its a colour that can be made using any others- blue is a primary colour so cant be made. Negligee is the only one with enough hint of blue to create a shade of blue with but its only subtle so i think a creme blue is out of the question until the powers that be launch one for us.

Yeah definitely. X

What about Blackpool+Purple Purple and a layer of Romantique? Never tried it just a suggestion.
Probably would be quite streaky x

Thanks everyone for your suggestions, it does look like I will have to hope CND bring one out

Thanks everyone , looks like I will have to wait until CND hopefully bring one out!

Latest posts

Back