Shellac, Lilac Longing application advice

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mrs.Clooney

Positive Geek
Reaction score
I have read a few threads from nail geeks experiencing problems with Lilac Longing applying in a streaky manner and not giving very good coverage in 2 applications. I picked up a little tip from another therapist and hope this will help you with acheiving better and even coverage with problematic colours.

Once you have covered all five nails on one hand and prior to curing, ask your client to lay their hand flat on the nail pillow/towel with fingers slightly apart and go over each nail again. Don't ask me why, because I don't know lol, but it seems to make a big difference to clearing any streaky areas once the colour has been sitting on each nail for a few seconds before going under the lamp.

You can do this with both layers if need be and it doesn't take a long time, in fact less than 3 coats which then needs more curing time.

Also, remember not to drag your brush over the nail but use a gentler stroking movement so as not to move the colour if this makes sense.

If anyone can add to this, then go for it. I hope the mods will let this thread stay here in forums as not everyone visits the group area.

It works because the solvents have evaporated leaving the Shellac more "gooey" - it's the same reason we wait before carving a design into Shellac as it's less runny :) the tip you've given also helps with colours that shrink a little at the free edge.

Xxx

It works because the solvents have evaporated leaving the Shellac more "gooey" - it's the same reason we wait before carving a design into Shellac as it's less runny :) the tip you've given also helps with colours that shrink a little at the free edge.

Xxx

And this is the science bit. Thank you for explaining this. One never stops learning.

I didn't know you could carve designs into Shellac.

Latest posts

Back