Shellac Luxe, 2 months on - reviews please!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CFBS

Reaction score
So now we are a couple of months on from when the new Shellac luxe system was launched, how are people finding it?
Does it stay on well / better?
Any chipping or lifting?
Is the removal as quick as they say?
How many coats are needed to give complete coverage?

Very interested to hear what people think of the new system in comparison to the original.

Thank you!

• Weaker than Shellac
  • Applies easier than Shellac because of the new brush
  • Luxe is for people who are really easy on their hands

Overall good product but not as good as Shellac.

I have found that it does stay on well, but I've used it on clients who have good natural nails.

It does remove easily and quickly.

I find two coats are more than adequate.

I don't actually find the new brush easier (though it should be as it's well shaped) - I guess I'm just used to the original shellac brush.

I also find that the topcoat feels a bit strange, almost tacky and I'm not doing a full rub-off of the top film layer, just a quick swipe. I haven't had the chance to attend any experience days though, so my knowledge is limited to what I have read online.

I have to say I’m disappointed. Even a client who goes 4 weeks with regular shellac managed less than 24 hours without chipping 3 nails. Gutted at spending £400.
As much as it says I’m a new member I’ve been shellac trained for 8 years, so no newbie. Help please?? X

I have to say I’m disappointed. Help please?? X

Luxe is weaker than Shellac. That's not an opinion. Luxe's bite onto the nail is weaker; thats why it soaks off a lot easier. Luxe is meant for people with really healthy, thick nails.

Last edited:
I have to say I’m disappointed. Even a client who goes 4 weeks with regular shellac managed less than 24 hours without chipping 3 nails. Gutted at spending £400.
As much as it says I’m a new member I’ve been shellac trained for 8 years, so no newbie. Help please?? X
Hello,

I'm from Holland and we need to follow a training for shellac luxe. Do you need that alsow?
I'm alsow disappointed....I have been working with shellac for 4 years. With my regular customers where the shellac is normally 3 to 4 weeks on, the shellac luxe only stays for a few days. And I have had an shellac luxe training..... I have spending almost 500....

Latest posts

Back