Shellac Luxe - new innovation from CND

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Barbara1505

Reaction score
Hello everybody,

in our German Facebook Group we had interesting news today: a new Shellac variation, available in August this year.
I try to translate the text in english correctly ;):

Shellac Luxe TM
a revolutary 2 step System. The base coat is included in the colours. The removal time will be only 60 seconds!!!! Durability more than 14 days!
Shellac Luxe will come in 65 Colours. 15 Colours will be brandnew. The Contents of the bottles will be 12.5 ml.

Has anyone heard? In normal case I get the newest informations about CND Shellac here on this site!

Hi has anyone heard of the new CND luxe system? I was wondering if anyone knows the differences between CND shellac and CND luxe?

[merged thread]

Last edited by a moderator:
It's literally just launched today in the UK

We are having experience days in the UK on the 1st and 2nd July ahead of the launch. I'm very excited, 60 second removal sounds a dream!

Just saw this on the CND YouTube page:

Going to the Manchester Xperience day [emoji1430] can't wait !!!

So is this available to purchase in the UK yet or not?

So is this available to purchase in the UK yet or not?
Not yet, no. There are multiple experience days taking place on the 1st and 2nd July throughout the UK ahead of the launch.

it comes out in july.

So when you read the step by step application notes, you still apply 2 coats of colour!
The advert is misleading!
So basically the difference is - no base coat & faster removal
[emoji849]

https://cnd.com/cnd-shellac-luxe/

And if you want it to last longer you can use duraforce which then makes removal longer! I was so excited when they had news but completely disappointed right now.

I’m just wondering if you think the experience day is crucial to go to? Would it really benefit me and my clients? I’ve just started a small business and cash flow isn’t great. I qualified about 5 months ago so trying to save money wherever possible. If I don’t go to the experience day does that mean I can’t but the products? Please help thank you xx

So will this Shellac Luxe (which I notice is being advertised as "gel polish") still insist on CND lamps only? I currently use OPI and Gelish but would consider adding Shellac if I can use my current OPI lamps.

So will this Shellac Luxe (which I notice is being advertised as "gel polish") still insist on CND lamps only? I currently use OPI and Gelish but would consider adding Shellac if I can use my current OPI lamps.

Most companies can only guarantee a full cure if you use their lamps, so I would guess so :) CND likely have not developed and tested their products with other brands' lamps.

I got the mail from cnd not long after this post. x

Gutted I won’t be able to make the Xperience Day, but am eager to hear the science bit, as well as reading the reviews.

I'm going to the Xperience Day in Birmingham!

Latest posts

Back