Shellac manicure & pedicure, which one to do first?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GJPN

Reaction score
Hiya

I've got a client next week who wants a Shellac Manicure & Pedicure - this is a first for me as still fairly new and everyone so far has just wanted manicure! - how does everyone do theirs? Would you do the manicure first and then the pedicure? Do you clean/sanitise the lamp between each one? (And on another topic, does everyone clean their lamp after every client?) I appreciate ever technician is different, just wondered what the general consensus is! :) x

Hi, I do Mani then Pedi, I do the nail prep and gel first and then the creams, masks and massages after the gel is done to stop the nails getting too creamy/oily and affecting the gel adhesion. I always clean the lamp between each treatment, even on the same client just to avoid spreading anything. x

You're welcome :) x

I always do nails first then toes

What ever the client prefers first. Sometimes they want to use their hands ( phone, working) so I do pedi sometimes they want to do many they feel pedi is more relaxing.

I know it's not the right way but it works: with pedi I soak clients feet, cut cuticles, scrub, wipe toes good then shellac. Then oil toes, massage n paraffin. No problem what so ever!

This way toes r clean before I put color then massage n wax.

If I'm doing Shellac then it doesn't matter as everything is dry but if I'm doing polish it depends on whether or not the client's remembered flip flops!

I try to finish one service with the same service I've got coming in next, saves on time unless the client specifically requests one or the other.

Karaxxx

Not a pro (yet) but speaking as a client, I would rather have feet first and then I can know that they're 100% dry and set before I put my shoes on to leave. Even with gel, my head tells me that they're ready to go aftr curing but I still hold my hands out as if I'm waiting for it to dry for ages after!

I live in Colorado, I always do pedi first so no matter if they use normal polish or gel polish toes are dry by time manicure finishes. Now if person is doing both normal traditional polish I ask the client which they want to be dry when they leave hands or feet. But with gel polish it really don't matter they both are dry 👍 in the winter here people like to be able to put shoes and socks on.

Latest posts

Back