Shellac Matte top coat

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

angelcmn

Reaction score
With a lot of systems now bring out matte top coats, will there be a chance that there will be one available soon for Shellac?

I think that's unlikely. I was following a live Q&A at fashion week with Jan Arnold recently (on Facebook) and someone asked that very question. Her response was just how to achieve the look with a buffer.

Shame :-(

Sent from my iPhone using SalonGeek app

I know how you feel, I'm a NSI girl through and through and NSI have just released their new Matte Top Coat for the Polish Pro line and it's the bomb:) So I know how much you would love one for Shellac.

Me and my clients are loving it.
I love it because it is matte but it's not a really dull matte, it still somehow gives a slight shine but at the same time, it's fully matte, it's a very interesting result and one my clients have fallen in love with.
They all love it much more than doing it the other way of applying 2 top coats, buffing shine off etc etc and of course, it's much quicker now too.

Kudos to NSI for listening to us techs who begged for this product and NSI have delivered again:)

I think all us shellac techs need to bombard CND for our demand for a Matte Top Coat!! What so you think ladies&gents?? X

I think if CND see a big response from their nail technicians wanting a matt top coat they will bring one out. Also with all the other brands bringing them out they are more likely to bring one out.

Personally I'm on the fence with this one. I am yet to be asked for the matt look by my clients and I personally love the shine of the top coat so I'm not sure its something I'd invest in.

Xx

Personally I just see it as an added expense that I don't need.
I can achieve the same look with a buffer which Is quicker (and cheaper)
I don't get that much call for it anymore though. Xx

Latest posts

Back