Shellac mother of pearl

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

audreyduff

Reaction score
I just bought the new mother if pearl shellac the sparkly one to put on top of colours and I'm really unhappy with it. I can hardly see a difference in the colour when placed on top there's next to no sparkle and I've tried it on 3 different colours but no difference. I've not heard anyone else being disappointed with it so I'm starting to wonder if there us something wrong with my bottle??? Can this happen??? Any advice be much appreciated

Hiya

Have you given it a good shake - if you have and you can't see a difference then there must be something wrong with your bottle as it's absolutely gorgeous and you can definately see a difference as soon as you put it on.

Give it a good shake - although it does sound like you may have a dud bottle.

I put it over Blackpool last night and it looked fab xx

I just bought the new mother if pearl shellac the sparkly one to put on top of colours and I'm really unhappy with it. I can hardly see a difference in the colour when placed on top there's next to no sparkle and I've tried it on 3 different colours but no difference. I've not heard anyone else being disappointed with it so I'm starting to wonder if there us something wrong with my bottle??? Can this happen??? Any advice be much appreciated
Mother of pearl is tiny flecks of multi coloured holographic glitter in clear it wont change the colour just add depth to any colour you apply it to. If when you take the brush out you cannot see the glitter all over the brush then give it a really good shake. Once you hav edone that and checked again and its still not any different then I would recomend that you contact where you got it from.
Jen xx

maybe faulty bottle, give them a ring and see what they say, quicker you do it the better , good luck x:Grope:

I think the secret is to shake it until your arm nearly falls off, as the glitter seems to settle to the bottom. :)

thank u! How dumb not to even think of that, really i feel so stupid! but yes have shaken it till arm hurts and i think its sorted it, i have just done my nails tonight too so need to test it tomorrow but i can actually see the glitter on the brush now which i couldnt before, thank u ladies :)

The new colors seem to really settle...more than the previous ones, in my opinion. The darker colors all seem a bit watered down. MOP is the worst for settling though. If it's chosen, I actually turn the bottle upside down while I'm prepping..then shake really well. You'll see a big difference.

thank u! How dumb not to even think of that, really i feel so stupid! but yes have shaken it till arm hurts and i think its sorted it, i have just done my nails tonight too so need to test it tomorrow but i can actually see the glitter on the brush now which i couldnt before, thank u ladies :)

Bless you! Don't feel dumb; we've all, every single last one of us, done something "dumb" at least once!
The man who never made a mistake never made anything!
:)

Remember the fleck of glitter will be a lot heavier than the Shellac so they will sit at the bottom.

I remember when I first got a soak off gel and I thought hang on its clear not glittery it was only when I gave it a good stir the glitter came up to the surface.

The new colors seem to really settle...more than the previous ones, in my opinion. The darker colors all seem a bit watered down. MOP is the worst for settling though. If it's chosen, I actually turn the bottle upside down while I'm prepping..then shake really well. You'll see a big difference.

Oh my goodness, I'm so glad you said this. I thought it was just me. Although, I have to say I am glad in a way because I feel like the color flows better and I am getting a nice thin application.

Having said that, I had to do three coats of black pool to really get the color right.

Yeah..I have to really work the second coat to not have to do a third. but I will say this...no wrinkling whatsoever, even when trying to cover in 2 instead of 3 coats, so maybe they thinned the formula a bit to prevent that.

Latest posts

Back