Shellac nail art using acryic paint or nail stripers

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NailJunkie25

Reaction score
Hi Geeks :D

I know there are a lot of threads in relation to shellac but i have some questions about nail art on shellac on the natural nail such as polka dots or zebra stripes with either acrylic paint or nail stripers.

After i apply the base and cure and after i apply the 2 coats of colour and cure do i remove the stickey layer then apply art and then apply top coat and sure?

Or would i be best to use shellac to do the art?

Hope some of you can help :o:?:

Hi Geeks :D

I know there are a lot of threads in relation to shellac but i have some questions about nail art on shellac on the natural nail such as polka dots or zebra stripes with either acrylic paint or nail stripers.

After i apply the base and cure and after i apply the 2 coats of colour and cure do i remove the stickey layer then apply art and then apply top coat and sure?

Or would i be best to use shellac to do the art?

Hope some of you can help :o:?:
I use Konad between the colour coats and top coat but this is a very thin layer of non-shellac poilish. I'm not sure how using other polish with for example a dotting tool will work as it will have to be totally dry before putting the top coat on.

I use konad and striping polish with Shellac to do art. Just like you said, remove the tacky layer (I've found the polish bleeds slightly if it's left on but it's just personal preference) and do your art, then topcoat when it's touch dry.

You can also use Shellac to do the art, just dob a little bit onto a tile and use a nail art brush/dotting tool! Cure that, then topcoat.

I like to do glitter art (see attachment) - 1x base, 2x colour, wipe tacky layer, do art with Shellac, then sprinkle/press glitter into the tacky layer of the art. Brush off excess, topcoat x2 and you're done!

I've found no difference in wear using either striping pens, konad or Shellac to do the art, but unfortunately I don't use acrylic paint so I can't comment.

xx

Attachments

• photo_4.jpg
    photo_4.jpg
    139 KB · Views: 38,017
Hi, just wondered if it's ok to remove the sticky layer, don't you need the sticky layer for the top coat to stick to? Have you found that the shellac lasts just as long even when doing this?
I use Gelish, not shellac, but the process is similar if not the same isn't it? I want to do more nail art on my Gelish using acrylic paints and wondered what the best process was...this sounds the best so far, but as i say, i thought the sticky layer was needed??
xx

I like to do glitter art (see attachment) - 1x base, 2x colour, wipe tacky layer, do art with Shellac, then sprinkle/press glitter into the tacky layer of the art. Brush off excess, topcoat x2 and you're done!

xx

I've never heard about this technique. Thanks for sharing :)

Latest posts

Back