Shellac nail colour ring!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Can you open the metal chain and change the order of the colours or take off the ones you don't have? Just asking as that chain fastening looks the same as a small key ring I have which you can undo.

Unfortunately it doesn't appear to undo which is a shame. I can take a pikkie & post it if you like to show it closer up?

I still really thinking it will make me order more colours if I get this!

I still really thinking it will make me order more colours if I get this!

You're not wrong there!! There's already a few I've got my eye on [emoji23] The only thing was that a few kinda stuck together & transferred bit I'm just niggling.

You're not wrong there!! There's already a few I've got my eye on [emoji23] The only thing was that a few kinda stuck together & transferred bit I'm just niggling.

Yes think my OCD would kick in a bit there and be going mad! Still thinking what else to order though and also waiting for payday on Friday!

What they have done is - they have applied the colours in ALPHABETICAL order which will have been the easiest way for those putting the rings together - to get them all the same. You can keep them in alphabetical order OR you can open it - copy the catalogue and pop them in colour order. As to Vinylux rings we have had no word as yet as to when they are due. HTH's

I don't have the ring but I'm sure you'll be able to open so that you could add more in future...

What they have done is - they have applied the colours in ALPHABETICAL order which will have been the easiest way for those putting the rings together - to get them all the same. You can keep them in alphabetical order OR you can open it - copy the catalogue and pop them in colour order. As to Vinylux rings we have had no word as yet as to when they are due. HTH's

Ah good to know & knew there would be good reasoning behind the order they've been put in. I didn't want to break it so could you advise on how to open it? It would be lovely to see them 'flow' from one colour range to another - not that I would know the best way to do that so maybe I need to research more [emoji15]

I got mine today, you have to ease the little metal clasp open and then you can slip the chain out to open it, I had to rearrange them into colour order as clients prefer to see all reds etc together to compare! Also why aren't silver/gold vip etc on there?? I know the new ones aren't because it was made before but was wondering why not these and I must say some colours are misleading, beau, negligée and a couple of others are clearly 3+ coats as are much more opaque than in real life!

I was so disappointed , colours not true matches , stuck together , fiddly to see ..... X

I got mine today, you have to ease the little metal clasp open and then you can slip the chain out to open it, I had to rearrange them into colour order as clients prefer to see all reds etc together to compare! Also why aren't silver/gold vip etc on there?? I know the new ones aren't because it was made before but was wondering why not these and I must say some colours are misleading, beau, negligée and a couple of others are clearly 3+ coats as are much more opaque than in real life!
I think silver/gold have been discontinued!

I can't seem to be able to to do this on mine. It looks like it's not meant to be but then I could be just scared to break it. [emoji15]

I agree re that some are quite clearly 3 coats so it would be nice if we could have a list of which ones are 3 coats. Especially for a newbie like me who at this point in time has very little knowledge of each of the colours & how they work [emoji53]

I was so disappointed , colours not true matches , stuck together , fiddly to see ..... X

I felt the same. For some reason I was expecting long nail pop sticks like the clear rings that SS sell. They would have been easier to splay the colours. As you're not the first person to say some of the colours aren't true matches I'm starting to feel a little apprehensive.

There must be a solution & Im curious the reasoning behind the design - I'm sure CND must have their reasons for it which I would love to know. [emoji106]

I've re- arranged mine - opened it one end and took them all off so they are in 'colours'. Mine too had some stuck together and colour transfer but all in all it's great and will help clients choose colours I haven't got and then can order in.
ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1446058942.690881.jpg

I've re- arranged mine - opened it one end and took them all off so they are in 'colours'. Mine too had some stuck together and colour transfer but all in all it's great and will help clients choose colours I haven't got and then can order in. View attachment 191571

Oh well done it looks good. [emoji12]

I've finally managed to undo the chain & have arranged them as per the latest catalogue but I wonder what nudes you have together? I wasn't sure whether to place Field Fox with Nude Knickers & Satin Pajamas. The catalogue places it between Sugared Spice & Cocoa

Any advice please?

[emoji16][emoji106]

Exactly what I did - Yay! Looks much better. We sometimes forget that someone has to put these things together and yeah it makes sense alphabetically but it looks so much more pretty arranged as per the catalogue.

Is there any news regarding adding to the colour ring when new colours are released? Can we buy the extra tips or will they be supplied?...anyone heard anything?

Did they stop selling the colour ring as only see the vinylux ones now on S2?

Does anyone know if the blanks and colours that weren't included in original ring are going to be available anytime soon? Xx

Latest posts

Back