Shellac & Nail stencils

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Becky_simon

Reaction score
Hi ladies

Has anyone tried using shellac with those stick on nail stencils, that you peel off afterwards?

Just curious as to whether it would work?

Thanks

I ordered some of those SmArt stencils from nail delights, and they do work on Shellac, though I have to say I'm not overly impressed with the stencils in general. I find that they are most effective if used with additives, particularly if you do a colour fade over them.

I've tried doing the full nail in Shellac then using more shellac over the stencil before removing and curing and I didnt like the result at all, very amateur looking, same with glitters, not impressed at all.

To be honest with the exception of a very few I think there are better ways to do your nail art than with the stencils, they very much remind me of a DIY product and I would happily retail them but I'm not going to use them on clients, with the exception of the skull & crossbones one which I use with additives and it looks great :biggrin:

Latest posts

Back