Shellac nail styles tool help!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Zooks

Reaction score
Hi geeks
Ive just booked myself on the shellac nail styles course and I can't wait. I don't usually do nail art so this is new territory for me. The letter says to bring nail art tools and well, I don't have any! Can anyone recommend a good reasonably priced set which should cover the majority of art I'm likely to do most of with shellac? What do I need?? I have seen that s2 do a small kit, is this any good or can I get either a better one or a cheaper one elsewhere? Thanks geeks :)

I like the s2 one. That should be all you need really :). I would imagine.

Thankyou Lolly. Do you happen to use the crystals too? It days I need to bring that and some glitzy lips foil but I'm hoping a cheaper version will suffice?

I don't use the crystals from s2 as I thought they were too big. I get size ss5 and from scatter crystals. You can buy packs of 100 for quite cheap :)

I do have glitzy lips foil but I am not sure where you would a cheaper alternative. Maybe if you search on here? I war people talk of nail delights alot. Maybe there?

Thankyou lolly I will look at ordering some from there, nit sure about the foils though. I shall have z gander! X

The nail foils from nail delights are great, I use them a lot hth

Hi
I personally wouldn't order the glitzy lips foil just for nails far to pricey, look on google for nail foils or even ebay it is only for practice after all.

Thanks geeks, just what I was hoping for:)
Do you happen to know if nail delights do crystals and if they do which ones are any good ? I will have a look when I can get to my laptop (I'm on my other halts phone ATM being glared at haha)

Hi geeks
Ive just booked myself on the shellac nail styles course and I can't wait. I don't usually do nail art so this is new territory for me. The letter says to bring nail art tools and well, I don't have any! Can anyone recommend a good reasonably priced set which should cover the majority of art I'm likely to do most of with shellac? What do I need?? I have seen that s2 do a small kit, is this any good or can I get either a better one or a cheaper one elsewhere? Thanks geeks :)

I did this course last November:biggrin: It's fab you will really enjoy it. But watch out it's adictive.:biggrin: The sweetsquared sell a nail art brush set at a reasonable price. It's very good.

Thanks Anne Marie :)
I can't wait! Already have the next one planned!
Can I ask, how many colours did you take along with you?

Sorry I was meaning nail delights for foils aswell. Not crystals.

Well it depends, is it Swarovski crystals you have to take? Then defo go with shatter crystal then as most geeks use them and they are gorge and not too expensive..

Thanks ladies...Crystals ordered.....now for the foils....any youd recommend??
As Ive never used them before!

Thankyou

I can't help you wih foils sorry. I only have use glitzy lips but they're expensive so I wouldn't reccomend them.

Thanks Anne Marie :)
I can't wait! Already have the next one planned!
Can I ask, how many colours did you take along with you?

To be honest I didn't take any, just my lamp because we were able to use the ones supplied to us at the Manchester academy. Which was great. Sorry for the late reply by the way.:biggrin:
I have only ever used the glitzy lips foils, thery're lovely.

No problem. Im all ordered with my tools foils and crystals and raring to go!

I would like to ask about pricing though.

How do you tend to charge for crystals?

I have my prices for a rockstar nail with glitter or with foil. But how do you charge for crystals? As I have a client who wants a full nail and one who just wants a could in the corner......

Any advice would be really helpful.

Thankyou ladies :)

Hi, Just wondered if you could tell me what shellac actually shows you on a nail art course. Would love to offer my clients more but not sure what nail art is covered as i don't offer any at the moment. Need to get with the times lol :)

Hi Towie, I would love to tell you but Im not doing the course until next tues ;)

If you g on the S2 website they have course details on there I believe, HTH

:)

Hiya can you please tell me where is the best shellac nail art course to do near Liverpool as went to the St Helens class and was left a bit unsatisfied and came away not knowing how to do a french shellac or removal as we wern't shown :( would prefere to try a different teacher if possible. Hope this doesn't sound mean ....?

thankyou, much appreciated hun x

I think youre better off calling S2 as Im miles away and wouldnt have a clue what you could do!
I must say though I was slightly disappointed in what I was taught and didnt feel I was given much help, or perhaps as much as Id expected in the class I attended. I have learnt more from here! But this is in no way intended to rubbish the class, that was simply my perception. If there was another class led by an alternative closer to me I would try it but Im a bit out of the way..... :(

I will tell you how I get on with the nail styles one though :)

Latest posts

Back