'Shellac Nail Technician' course - Bluesky!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

EmmaLF

Reaction score
Just thought I'd ask the fellow geeks thoughts on this:

I thought CND won their case against Bluesky to use the word Shellac? I feel like so many girls will be misled thinking they're going to be qualified in CND shellac or the well known 'shellac' after this course! When in actual fact it's just bluesky gel polish.

Last edited by a moderator:
I saw this last week and thought the same..

I don't know how they can get away with naming pretty much all of their shades after CND Shellac colours too!
I'm sure somebody will be a long to tell us to 'ignore it, why do we care, not another Bluesky thread' ;)
X

I have removed the link as I see no need to give them any further advertising on here, cheers :)

I have removed the link as I see no need to give them any further advertising on here, cheers :)

Oh that's ok I was thinking about that AFTER I posted it! Sorry about that I was just so frustrated I wanted to post the info quickly rather than trying to type it all out!

As far as I am aware, CND's patent is for the US only. They didn't get an international patent. So therefore if BS is selling in Europe/Middle East/Far East & Australasia it can, as there is no company stopping it. We just need to inform & educate our clients from using a "fake" product, whether they purchase on line or go to another salon/nail tech. Education is the key. 😄

Latest posts

Back