Shellac nails question re: cuticles

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Poshpolish

Reaction score
I'm a newbie and I've just started doing nails from home.

Does everyone do cuticle work as in apply the liquid and leave for a few minutes then push the cuticles down?

I only ask because everyone who does nails from home doesn't bother and either just pushers the cuticles back without the liquid or misses it completely.

Thank you

I don't think it's from home just different methods.

I only use cuticle remover if absolutely necessary but usually find I don't need it.

If cuticle work is missed out completely you'll have service breakdown

CND Shellac has changed twice since its launch initially it recommended 'dry' cuticle work, then they included Cuticle Away in the prep steps, then about a year later flipped back to dry prep.

Personally now I choose whichever method will work best for individual clients. Newbies get a full Cuticle Away prep to assess the levels of cuticle wirk involved, ongoing it will depend on how well they maintain their nails with Solar Oil, etc.

I don't think it's from home just different methods.

I only use cuticle remover if absolutely necessary but usually find I don't need it.

If cuticle work is missed out completely you'll have service breakdown

I've only done two clients so far and used the remover. Do you just simply push the cuticle back and trim any that needs removing?

I use cuticle away on every shellac manicure.
I'm sure it improves attachment and product longevity

I wouldn't feel comfortable not using it.

CND Shellac has changed twice since its launch initially it recommended 'dry' cuticle work, then they included Cuticle Away in the prep steps, then about a year later flipped back to dry prep.

Personally now I choose whichever method will work best for individual clients. Newbies get a full Cuticle Away prep to assess the levels of cuticle wirk involved, ongoing it will depend on how well they maintain their nails with Solar Oil, etc.

Thank you so much for your reply! That is a good idea Thank you!

I use Cuticle Away on every Shellac treatment. That was the way I was taught and carried on that way.

Latest posts

Back