Shellac nails with glitter moons?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What stupid app update... I edited my post so it reposted it instead of editing the original.... This could get very annoying :mad:

Sent from my GT-N7000 using SalonGeek mobile app

What stupid app update... I edited my post so it reposted it instead of editing the original.... This could get very annoying :mad:

I think you quoted instead of edit hun ;) xxx

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

I think you quoted instead of edit hun ;) xxx

Possibly Lmao its been a long day. :)

I was thinking the same thing. How do you avoid the glitter getting on the rest of the nail as the colour coat will still be sticky. is it just a case of being very careful?

I'd like some adv on this too please :)
I feel like in forever wiping away over spilled glitter!

LolliDolli💋

ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1376260274.603414.jpg
My first attempt at them!!
Shakey hands 😡

Well I had a go done it like you said mizzy_dizzy .Xx

These look beautiful Harlsdiesel2, very striking. I had a first attempt at moons yesterday and I carved to show colour underneath. I watched a fingernail fixer video in which Holly gave some excellent tips as usual.

:D

Attachments

• pinkble 016-001.jpg
    pinkble 016-001.jpg
    131.2 KB · Views: 567
  • carving0813 002-001.jpg
    carving0813 002-001.jpg
    138.6 KB · Views: 581
These look beautiful Harlsdiesel2, very striking. I had a first attempt at moons yesterday and I carved to show colour underneath. I watched a fingernail fixer video in which Holly gave some excellent tips as usual.

Ooh I love these, is it tutti fruitti and waterpark? Off to watch fingernail fixer now x

ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1376293716.617983.jpgImageUploadedBySalonGeek1376293740.532610.jpg
Some I done a while back x

Here's how i do my glitter half moon manicures with shellac..with no mess and no glitter contaminating the rest of the manicure.

Perform a full normal shellac manicure...including fully cured topcoat. All finished.
Then in topcoat apply your half moon and cure for two minutes.
Then apply your glitter to the "sticky" layer of topcoat.
Apply topcoat over JUST half moon and cure for two minutes.
Apply a final topcoat to whole nail to even out appearance thus preventing a ridge.
Best to have a separate bottle of topcoat so as not to contaminate any other manicures with glitter

ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1376308097.937855.jpg this is my attempt doing base coat... 2 coats of colour... Top coat .. Clean tacky layer... Do half moon with colour of choice... Cure.. The dab glitter of choice in to colour then top coat :)

Not the neatest.. But it's my own nails :)

Hiya Sal365,
Yep Waterpark and Tutti Frutti. They look ace together due to the blue hue in the tutti frutti....I couldn't resist a couple of AB crystals too, but gutted that I caught one today and it pinged off!

x

Hi. I personally mix the glitter with a small amount of topcoat and paint it on then cure. When you come to top coat the glitter doesn't drag x

Attachments

• 1376511324949.jpg
    1376511324949.jpg
    127.4 KB · Views: 480
  • 1376511338113.jpg
    1376511338113.jpg
    104.3 KB · Views: 4,610

Latest posts

Back