Shellac Nordic Lights - first client

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mani-fique!

Reaction score
Hi Peeps,

Had my first client today & my first experience using Nordic Lights! I'm exhausted [emoji23] took me forever - lots of PEP required & of course educating her about a few things re cuticle is not the cuticle it's the eponychium & no it shouldn't be cut! [emoji15]

She has been great & very patient going away religiously applying cuticle oil. I did advise that due the state of her nails they may not last as long but she insisted & she's so pleased with them.

Cuticle eraser was advised, but as I've not got any in stock I advised see how you get on with the solar oil &!if you feel the skin is still not playing ball then cuticle eraser will really help. She said that she will be purchasing [emoji4]

Anyway I'm hyper due to exhaustion & 'I did it' kinda feeling so enough waffling. Lots to improve on but here are the before & after shots.

ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1445615464.463945.jpg
ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1445615478.359334.jpg

How many coats of Nordic Lights did you use to get your finished result??

Good work, next time, once her cuticles are in better condition and started to shrink back nicely, go a little closer to the cuticle and much closer to the side walls after pulling the lateral folds back a little :D. Great first start, remember to breathe, I have a terrible habit of holding my breath whilst painting the white french tips :p. I start to see stars and all sorts, my clients have to remind me to breathe :D

First one done, onwards and upwards :cool:

How many coats of Nordic Lights did you use to get your finished result??

Ah yeah, that's what I was going to ask, [emoji57] so tired [emoji23] being inexperienced I'm still learning what is too thick or two thin but I found I had to do 3 coats. Is this normal for this colour?

Good work, next time, once her cuticles are in better condition and started to shrink back nicely, go a little closer to the cuticle and much closer to the side walls after pulling the lateral folds back a little :D. Great first start, remember to breathe, I have a terrible habit of holding my breath whilst painting the white french tips :p. I start to see stars and all sorts, my clients have to remind me to breathe :D

First one done, onwards and upwards :cool:

Thank you my lovely [emoji179] yes The skin surrounding her nails was so bad I was nervous about getting any closer - I explained why & she totally understood. So I'm hoping next time they will be in better condition!

I see already that I'm not getting close enough to the eponychium end of the lateral fold sobI know what to work on. It gives a fan effect which isn't the best. [emoji53]

And yes I have a terrible habit of holding my breath! [emoji23]

I'm not sure!! I used it for the first time last week and I had to use 3 thin coats. I only usually use 2 coats for all my other colours.

Ps...great nails for your first client!

Congratulation also from me - great work for the first Client :)

I'm not sure!! I used it for the first time last week and I had to use 3 thin coats. I only usually use 2 coats for all my other colours.

You lucky thing!

They look lovely. I have to do three coats with Nordic lights. It's extremely sheer. Wish it were a little more opaque!

Thanks guys, to be fair her nails are in an awful state but she insisted I do them so she's aware they may not last but overall apart from the complete lack of coverage I'm pleased. And it makes me feel better knowing I'm not the only one doing 3 coats for that lovely coverage. It does go on very sheer. It means I'm improving - I think! It's a beautiful colour & my client after finding out I'm going on the Shellac Art & Style training is chomping at the bit [emoji23]

Lovely, I bet she was delighted x

I think you did a great job. !!! :)

Blossom & Mrs Geek thank you so much! I can see even myself that they look grown out already but her eponychium really was awful so I hope I did the right thing. I tried to go as close as possible but it wasn't until the solar oil & almond lotion at the end that they looked anywhere near ok, before hand they were looking at me saying 'come any closer and we're gonna grab ya!' [emoji15]

I know I did the best I could under the circumstances & lack of experience - and that's hard to say as a perfectionist

But I sooooooo love the colour & it's defo a 3 coat colour to get that beautiful depth of richness & sparkle.

And yes bizarrely she was over the moon, partly due to the shock of how mistreated before her nails had been treated but she just loves the Nordic Lights & knowing I'm going on the Shellac Art & Style training next month she's drooling already [emoji16]

2.5 hrs all told but a lot of discussion, explaining what & why I was doing what I was doing this that & the other plus a lot of chit chat - mother was around & my client a long friend of the family so we had a good laugh - but I'm so glad I did them. I was feeling off & despondent but forced myself as I know that despite my health the more I practice the more it will get easier.

M.E. plus other hormonal difficulties Isn't a good place to start especially when you work part time in an office but after failing 10 years ago I really can't give up this time.

Hubby doesn't call me Tenacious T for no reason [emoji4] I just hope I can keep it up. It's Saturday soon so a nice chillaxin day to recover. [emoji16] sounds pathetic but I Intend to keep going till I drop & that's when I give up so its pace, pace, pace myself.

Onwards & upwards. [emoji179]

They look great. Ive just got Nordic lights, takes me about 3 coats to build it up x

They look great. Ive just got Nordic lights, takes me about 3 coats to build it up x

Oh great that's good to hear. Now I know my layers aren't too thick [emoji4] thank you [emoji179]

Try Nordic lights over hot pop pink.. I have tried it over a few colors its very pretty ! I think it is intentionally sheer like grapefruit sparkle.

I put nordic lights over tango passion or grape gum looks very pretty

All I seem to be using at the moment is Nordic Lights, gorgeous over Blackpool, Plum Paisley and Tango Passion [emoji7] I have done 2 coats of the base colour and 1 of the Nordic Lights xx

Latest posts

Back