Shellac not man enough for the job

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Definitely will.
Loving it so far, still sparkly (using high voltage colour) with not 1 chip.

Sent from my SM-N915G using SalonGeek mobile app

I hope I've attached the pic properly, but this is almost 1 week.
My nails have usually started to dull by now with all the acetone, water and wax i get covered in.
So, so far, very happy.
Will wait to see how it looks at the end of 2 weeks!

Attachments

• 1425711942093.jpg
    1425711942093.jpg
    85.5 KB · Views: 247
I hope I've attached the pic properly, but this is almost 1 week.
My nails have usually started to dull by now with all the acetone, water and wax i get covered in.
So, so far, very happy.
Will wait to see how it looks at the end of 2 weeks!

Thats great. And i like the colour. Thanks for posting for us to see! :)

I'm a Shellac user & lover since the beginning but find that for my nails its just not up to the job, which makes me very sad!

I've bought a few Gel ll colours, some for myself and some reactions for clients. The options from clients have been mixed; from not liking it as it felt rubbery to, didn't notice any difference and then someone loving it more than Shellac!

My own personal experience is that it's amazingly strong, lasts much longer but is quite a bit harder to get off, although getting it off clients is easier than my own!

I am definitely going to get the whole range of reactions, for clients and then a few colours for my own personal use. I'll keep clients on Shellac as that's what they genuinely love.

Karaxxx

tbh if it wears well and is kind to nails, what more could you ask for? i'm going to have a look at the website at the colours.

edit to add: right now im confused - have looked at the creative beauty group website and i see they also sell shellac, are they an authorised distributor for that then? i thought cnd and creative beauty group werent the same thing. ? ? x

Me too!

Sent from my HTC Desire 300 using SalonGeek mobile app

I think they WERE an authorised distributor.

Vic x

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

So ... Do the reactions ones just change colour when warm? How can you show clients what colour they will be? X

So ... Do the reactions ones just change colour when warm? How can you show clients what colour they will be? X

I've read that some nail techs get a glass of warm water and one of cold water and put the colour pop in one glass at a time to show the colour change.

I just get a glass of warm and dip it in half way.

My clients almost always go "Oooh!", then choose a regular colour lol!

Vic x

I use shellac and ibx on my own nails and find it lasts longer than just shellac on its own, but I do charge more for this.

Currently I'm looking at trying INKlondon polishes to try as I love the range of colours available. Will let you all know how I get on .

Latest posts

Back