Shellac not staying on. Maybe another brand?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NicDox

NicDox
Reaction score
My client who has very problematic nails has gone to the states to a salon who used a knockoff of Gelish. Yes Gelish and of course it's sticks like concrete. I only use Shellac and despite using smoothing gel it's just not staying. Yes I know the age old story of Shellac does not suit everyone but now I'm feeling like I have to bring Gelish in just to suit her. She is a friend and a stable every two week client so I don't want to lose her. What now…………

Hi,
I use only Gelish now
(I switched from shellac)

However it's the same with Gelish- it's not for everyone. What are you going to do, bring in a new brand every time it doesn't suit someone?
It's just not cost effective.

I mean I'm all for stocking more than one brand but it's not worth it for just one client if you are normally fine with shellac on the rest of your clients.

What is it that's the problem why she can't keep shellac on? Xx

Try some ibd power bond. It airdries as tho it isn't even there but gives max staying power and works
Fine under shellac and is great for clients who don't wear gloves or who are heavy handed :)

Ive introduced gellux for the same reason and run it alongside shellac, for people who were getting less than a week with shellac, the now get 2.5-3 with gellux. I've only bought about 8 colours tho ATM

Thanks ladies. Would like to go Gel II but can't get my hands on it in the Caribbean

I'm a shellac only girl and have found shellac to not last on couple of clients so I bought in young nails bond from 2 days they last a rocking two weeks. I don't use it on all clients only on clients who shellac does not last on.

I'm a shellac only girl and have found shellac to not last on couple of clients so I bought in young nails bond from 2 days they last a rocking two weeks. I don't use it on all clients only on clients who shellac does not last on.

Is this a gel base Sapna? How do you work it into your nail treatment? X

Does it not void your insurance though, in that you're mixing brands?

It's just a liquid that air dries, I only apply it to the tips then wait for it to dry then I continue with shellac service. In my opinion it's no different to applying ibx before a shellac service. I don't think service would become void. I will try and find the video and post it.

Here's the YouTube link to the product. It was recommended my many nail techs

My client who has very problematic nails has gone to the states to a salon who used a knockoff of Gelish. Yes Gelish and of course it's sticks like concrete. I only use Shellac and despite using smoothing gel it's just not staying. Yes I know the age old story of Shellac does not suit everyone but now I'm feeling like I have to bring Gelish in just to suit her. She is a friend and a stable every two week client so I don't want to lose her. What now…………
Does gelish not do a
Young nails , artistic and i think harmony have a clear gel you caan put over the polish that gives it extra staying power ?

Thanks ladies. Would like to go Gel II but can't get my hands on it in the Caribbean
I thought getting gelk ll would be pretty easy to get in tge caribean its a usa brand ?

You answered your own question in the first line of your post... 'Very problematic nails.'

Get to the bottom of her nail issues to assess what she needs :)

Latest posts

Back