Shellac not staying on my client - is it these meds?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

blossom

Reaction score
Don't know if anyone can help me here, my friend (also a client) is having problems with Shellac, it's fine for less than a week then peels up and just lifts away fairly clean.

Her nails are not bad,I've certainly done Shellac on a lot thinner nails and it's stayed on. She can wear normal nail varnish after a mani for a good 10 days or so, so she's gone back to manis.

But why would that have been? She is taking an anxiety medication, pramasil, promosil, something like that? Anyone know if this can have an effect? It would be nice to know why and also could be useful in the future.

Many thanks for any help x

Hi that's what happens to me. I've tried many salons to get shellac on thinking the fault was with the nail tech. I've even done it myself and it just lifts off after about a day. I am wondering why this is too?

Hi that's what happens to me. I've tried many salons to get shellac on thinking the fault was with the nail tech. I've even done it myself and it just lifts off after about a day. I am wondering why this is too?

Broxi sorry to be personal, you don't have to reply obv, but are you on the same meds as my friend? x

blossom, i had a lady in y'day and the shellac just kept shrinking away from the edges . i don't ever have a problem with application, bulbs are fresh, use all the system start to finish like yourself so it had to be something else.

she had taken ponston that day, an anti inflammatory (name escapes me) the day before and that day too and she takes BP meds. (some concoction me thinks )
it'd be great if someone with some medical background could throw some light on it.

blossom, i had a lady in y'day and the shellac just kept shrinking away from the edges . i don't ever have a problem with application, bulbs are fresh, use all the system start to finish like yourself so it had to be something else.

she had taken ponston that day, an anti inflammatory (name escapes me) the day before and that day too and she takes BP meds. (some concoction me thinks )
it'd be great if someone with some medical background could throw some light on it.

Hi Ponstan or mefanamic acid is what I take, I take for wrong time of the month and it doesnt affect me. Look in my albulms at my lovely new purple rockstar nails. These will last me 3-4 weeks. Ax

Latest posts

Back