Shellac on L&P - should I reduce price?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

curvygirl

Reaction score
I've just been contacted and asked if i will do a shellac service on a lady's existing l&p nails.

Should i reduce my price as I won't be doing any prep other than than using white block on the nail before the 2 colour coats and TC?

what do you do?

I would never reduce price. Maybe throw in a 5 minute hand massage at the end to make the treatment last as long as one you would do prep for.

I would never reduce price. Maybe throw in a 5 minute hand massage at the end to make the treatment last as long as one you would do prep for.

do you yourself get many requests like this? only asking because when i have been asked previously and i have advised no reduction in price but will throw in a hand and arm massage, they don't get back to me? probably because they've already spent around £30 for their l&p's - i know I couldn't afford £50 in total for both services..

i feel i could be alienating quite a sizeable portion of prospective clients because they have enhancements?

Last edited:
I do Shellac on top of enhancements for an additional £10, however
CND Guidelines suggest 20% on top of your enhancement price.
Dont forget, no additional pep as this is done for your enhancements and no basecoat needed either.

I do Shellac on top of enhancements for an additional £10, however
CND Guidelines suggest 20% on top of your enhancement price.
Dont forget, no additional pep as this is done for your enhancements and no basecoat needed either.

she just wants to come in for Shellac - the l&p's are not being done my myself, she already has them on - would i still charge the £10.... or more?

she just wants to come in for Shellac - the l&p's are not being done my myself, she already has them on - would i still charge the £10.... or more?

Sorry, miss-read your original post!
If your not doing the enhancements then charge your usual rate for certain.
If she can afford it thats her choice but your not getting any profit from doing the enhancement service with her getting them elseware so there's no reason for you to charge less for her Shellac service.

I would make a small reduction as you aren't using basecoat and less time as no PEP. Obviously not as much as if you were doing the L&P and then Shellac, I'd probably knock 20% off xx

I've just been contacted and asked if i will do a shellac service on a lady's existing l&p nails.

Should i reduce my price as I won't be doing any prep other than than using white block on the nail before the 2 colour coats and TC?

what do you do?

If im doing a full set of acrylics then shellac I offer the shellac at a reduced price because I have earnt well on the acrylic first, but seen as this client is wanting shellac on her acrylic nails she got done elsewhere I wouldt give her a discount. Why would you.

You would still be doing the full shellac service apart from missing out on base coat but that doesnt cost much, and its you time and expertise she is paying for as well. Ax

If it was my existing client and I had applied the nails then I would discount.

If new client and I hadn't applied nails then I wouldn't discount. Although you won't have to do the traditional PEP you will still have to prepare the enhancement surface, scrubfresh, take a full consultation. Therefore treatment time will be about the same as a normal Shellac application so why should you charge less. The only thing you would be saving on is the base coat which is negligable anyway.

Our biggest cost when pricing any treatment is our time!

Whatever you charge for a full Shellac application is what you should charge now.

If it was my existing client and I had applied the nails then I would discount.

If new client and I hadn't applied nails then I wouldn't discount. Although you won't have to do the traditional PEP you will still have to prepare the enhancement surface, scrubfresh, take a full consultation. Therefore treatment time will be about the same as a normal Shellac application so why should you charge less. The only thing you would be saving on is the base coat which is negligable anyway.

Our biggest cost when pricing any treatment is our time!

Whatever you charge for a full Shellac application is what you should charge now.
Oh gosh I'm going to have to toughen up if I'm going to be a success:sad:
I see what you're saying now and totally agree!!

As you haven't done her enhancements, you wont know how good or how bad they are. What state they are in to be honest. There might have to be a quick cuticle tidy up and it might be just a quick file refinement or it could be a lot. Charge for the time it takes including the cost of your Shellac products. The only thing you wont need is the base-coat application the rest is as usual. Assess on the day and tell her the price will depend on what needs to be done. xxxx

:cry:

me too - I'm a birrova soft touch :o

Never under estimate your time - along with our knowledge it's our most valuable asset :hug:

Never under estimate your time - along with our knowledge it's our most valuable asset :hug:

Hopefully if I ever get any clients I'll feel that way....feeling a bit worried that I'll never get any clients at the moment :sad:

Latest posts

Back