Shellac on ridged nails

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AJ54

Reaction score
Had client who is 82 yrs old, very ridged dry nails in for Shellac Manicure. I was disappointed with result cos they were quite patchy looking in parts. Always try to put thin layers but on this client perhaps should have used more product. Iam still very new to it and would appreciate any advise. She is also on medication for her heart. Thanks

Had client who is 82 yrs old, very ridged dry nails in for Shellac Manicure. I was disappointed with result cos they were quite patchy looking in parts. Always try to put thin layers but on this client perhaps should have used more product. Iam still very new to it and would appreciate any advise. She is also on medication for her heart. Thanks

Maybe do three coats? Try to avoid buffing the nail plate...

Sent from my GT-I9100 using SalonGeek

I have 'old lady' ridged nails. Shellac makes them look perfectly smooth and spectacular. I would say use just a touch more base coat and stick to your 2 coats of colour and one top coat. ... it fills all ridges perfectly.

I have 'old lady' ridged nails. Shellac makes them look perfectly smooth and spectacular. I would say use just a touch more base coat and stick to your 2 coats of colour and one top coat. ... it fills all ridges perfectly.

I was told that too much base makes it harder for removal? Is that not the case?

I was told that too much base makes it harder for removal? Is that not the case?

My suggestion of tad more I don't consider too much. If it does take a little longer for her removal by a minute or two then so be it if it is going to solve the problem of her ridges but mine is always off in 10.

My suggestion of tad more I don't consider too much. If it does take a little longer for her removal by a minute or two then so be it if it is going to solve the problem of her ridges but mine is always off in 10.

Ahh ok. Will remember that for future then :)

I've also found that doing the 1st coat of colour from sidewall to sidewall and then the 2nd coat as normal helps to fill in the ridges

Latest posts

Back