Shellac or Bio Sculpture?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

beautician12345

Reaction score
Hello, just popped over from Skin Geek to ask which is gentler to the natural nail - bio sculpture or Shellac? Also, which would be better for a 'one off' occasion - ie I'm not going to keep it up.

Many thanks!!

They are both gentle on the natural nail, but to be honest if it is a one off I would go Shellac as the removal is a lot quicker x

Both, if you can?! I find them equally popular. But if youwere to choose one, Shellac as it's a bit cheaper though -from what I remember- to start up, so in that case, shellac. You can't go wrong.

Many thanks - should have explained though that I'm asking for me as I'd like mine done for a holiday but know nothing about nails!

Also, my own nails have a tendency to peel, will that affect either Shellac or Bio?

Many thanks!

Anyway, what's the difference? I know Shellac is a polish which lasts longer basically - but is bio sculpture like a false nail?

Anyway, what's the difference? I know Shellac is a polish which lasts longer basically - but is bio sculpture like a false nail?

No bio sculpture is a gel overlay on the natural nail hun it last about 3 weeks xx

If your nails are weak / Brittle then CND Shellac just isnt recommended for your nail type at all. Bio Sculpture though is designed to accomodate all nail types and is equally easy in that it soaks off without nail damage within 10 minutes. It is applied like polish and lasts upto 3 weeks ...

Butting in sorry but is Bio hypoallergenic or is only Brisa that is?
Thanks x

Butting in sorry but is Bio hypoallergenic or is only Brisa that is?
Thanks x

Yes Bio Sculpture Gel is hyperallergenic (also 3 Free) & is the ONLY gel to be awarded the 5 Star Safety Rating !

They are both equally good & gentle on the nails. Bio will cost you slightly more but that's because it lasts longer. Shellac lasts my ladies 2-3 weeks and Bio 3-4 :)

Although - you did mention you had peeling nails so you would prob be best going with bio x

Latest posts

Back