Shellac or gelac

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ro ro

Reaction score
:confused: hi there i want to use one of these types of gels, so can anyone advise me, only dont realy dont to pay out for a cnd lamp if i will chose to gelac :rolleyes:x

Hiya I asked this question not long ago and people said because it's so new not a lot of people have tried both to give a opinion.
I looked into it a lot and found out that shellac is not a gel and the nail needs no prep! One geek put on she got 200 clients for shellac in ten weeks! I've ordered my shellac kit today

Hope it helps and good luck

Sam xxx

You will need the Shellac UVLamp if using Shellac . End of story. If you don't want to buy this kick a** five finger cure lamp (proabably the best in the industry) then I'd say stick with the gel and the PREP.

I have tried both. To me Shellac far outshines Gelac (excuse the pun), for it's durability, brilliant shine, ease of application and no buffing of the nail. Having said this you will have to buy the CND lamp. Do not look at it as an expensive outlay (it really is very reasonably priced) look at it as an investment in your career. Hope this helps:biggrin:

I have tried both. To me Shellac far outshines Gelac (excuse the pun), for it's durability, brilliant shine, ease of application and no buffing of the nail. Having said this you will have to buy the CND lamp. Do not look at it as an expensive outlay (it really is very reasonably priced) look at it as an investment in your career. Hope this helps:biggrin:

Amen to that! :)

There are so many gel polishes out there now like Gelac. I personally use Gelish at the moment, it is a fabulous product and although instructions do say to gently buff the nail first, most of us Nail Techs that use it do not do so and have no problems. Any 4 bulb UV lamp can be used also. x

:Love:thanks you guys i think your advise has help huge i think now i have made my mind up x

Hiya I asked this question not long ago and people said because it's so new not a lot of people have tried both to give a opinion.
I looked into it a lot and found out that shellac is not a gel and the nail needs no prep! One geek put on she got 200 clients for shellac in ten weeks! I've ordered my shellac kit today

Sam xxx

hi sam for got to mension good luck with your shallac nail bis, 200 clients in ten weeks, bring it on
ro ro :biggrin:

Sam xxx

hi sam god luck with your shallac bis , 200 clients in 10 weeks bring it on:biggrin:

Latest posts

Back