Shellac or GELeration?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Stacy Cleaver

Beauty From Within
Reaction score
Which is better? Shellac or Geleration by Jessica? I am not sure which one to use in my salon? Does anyone have an opinion on this?

surely the only opinion that should matter is your own and what your clients will think of it?

Everyone will have their own opinions but its probably better if you try out each system and see what you like best, if you're not 100% mad about a product its very hard to sell it to your clients.

I find geleration lasts a lot longer than shellac but shellac comes off easier. Both ranges have great colours and both come from good companies.
I use geleration and love it but the only way you can tell is to go and get both done and see what you think

Does Geleration have a sticky residue which you can apply foils to, or just a wipe off inhibition layer please?

Sticky layer and inhibition are the same thing.

Yes it does x

I love shellac. Not used gelleration but had it done in my own nails. I found the gel spiking was quite uncomfortable and it was a lot harder to remove than shellac. Plus you don't have to buff the natural nail before a shellac application. HOWEVER, with that in mind not everyone gets 2/3 weeks with shellac as its a hybrid power polish rather than shellac. A few of my hairdresser friends need something with more staying power.

Latest posts

Back