Shellac over acrylic

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cerise

Reaction score
hi iv searched for the answer but cannot find it, iv got a client next week who wants me to put shellac rockstar over her acrylics shes had done by someone else. im assuming she has topcoat over her acrylics so do i remove the topcoat with nail varnish remover, get her to wash her hands then apply the colour? or do i need to use scrub fresh and base coat? x

I'd remove any top coat. To.my knowledge, shellec doesn't need a base coat when applied over acrylic. Just buff the nail slightly. Then add your Color of choice & glitter away like you normally would. Top as usual.

Sent from my Desire HD using SalonGeek

Remove the topcoat & file over the surface of the enhancement with a 180 grit abrasive. Scrubfresh the nails and proceed with Shellac application, without base coat as you don't need it.

xxx

thank you for your replies :) xx

I'm currently wearing shellac over my acrylic natural nail overlay , it's been over a week and so far so good.
I applied the shellac over glaze n go as hoping that when I wrap my nails to soak the colour off the glaze n go will act as a barrier to protect the acrylic as glaze n go can only be removed by buffing it off.

How long has it been since thr acrylic was applied. If she has some regrowth, you will need to use shellac base coat to cover the natural part of the nails

Latest posts

Back