Shellac over tips?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Glitzytips

Reaction score
Hi everyone I know this has probably been asked before but I couldn't find a thread so here goes
Has anybody used shellac over tips? I understand this is not what it was made for and it would have to be removed differently but I have so many clients asking me if this can be done

Hi

Yes there have been a few threads on this. If you mean San shellac be used over l&p then absolutely, just finish the nails to a 240 grit nail file, scrubfresh and then apply the colour. Base coat isn't required. If you mean can you apply shellac directly over tips without an overlay then no. Shellac is not designed for strength therefore would provide no strength whatsoever to a tip :)

Hth

Jody x

Ah I see thanks Jodie , but one more question
If I was to apply l&p and shellac what would I charge for this? as this would be two separate services?
Thanks x

I think from others' threads the gist seems to be you'd charge a bit less than full Shellac on top for it as you've already done the prep with the enhancements. But don't sell it really short as like you said - it's not really designed for this and so is an expensive way of doing it.

I did l&p on my mum and asked if she wanted polish or Shellac, she opted for polish then two days later it was ruined when cleaning polish off the windows that my neice had smeared everywhere!! So there is a call for it but it's a premium service!! Price accordingly.

Shellac usually state 20% of the usual price if I remember correctly. I charge £30 for a full set of extensions £20 for a full set of gelish and £35 for extensions+Gelish

Hth x

Shellac usually state 20% of the usual price if I remember correctly. I charge £30 for a full set of extensions £20 for a full set of gelish and £35 for extensions+Gelish

Hth x

So you are only charging £5 extra for the Gelish - this is way too cheap!
x

I'm finding that Shellac over gel is popular and I charge £7 ontop of my gel price for this.

Latest posts

Back