Shellac pamphlet, please comment

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Anna from Toronto

Reaction score
WHAT MAKES A PERFECT SHELLAC™ MANICURE?

What is Shellac?
Shellac™ is made by CND and it is a unique product. It comes in an array of colors, it goes on thin, just like a polish, it looks just like a polish but it’s cured (dried) by a UV light. Once Shellac is cured- it’s completely dry!
Shellac stays shiny and lasts up to 2 weeks on the hands and up to 4-6 weeks on the feet. It's very easy to remove without damage to the natural nails (when removed properly).

What makes a perfect Shellac™ manicure?
We have listed 3 important components that “make” Shellac Manicure.

 Perfect application.
First, it’s important to know that CND Shellac™ is a brand and NOT a type of service. Only genuine Shellac™ should be used to perform a “Shellac Manicure”. Shellac™ base coat, Shellac ™ color coat and Shellac™ top coat all must be used with a perfect Shellac™ Manicure. If the bottle doesn’t say “CND Shellac™” then, don’t be fooled! It’s NOT Shellac!
We always perform a manicure before application of Shellac™. Why? If there is any cuticle left on the nail plate, Shellac might flake off from that area.
Shellac must be cured in CND approved lamps. You can see CND logo on top. Shellac is not guaranteed unless it is cured (dried) with CND lamps.​

 Maintenance.
Shellac is very low maintenance. Solar Oil™ should be used at least 2 x day, preferably every night so the oil won’t be washed off right away. The oil is supposed to be applied around the cuticle and massaged into the nail. Solar Oil™ not only does wonders to the skin but it penetrates through the Shellac polish. It does benefit the natural nail as well as the Shellac itself, plasticising it and making it pliable, resisting chipping and peeling.
When the Solar Oil™ is not used Shellac might be prone to drying out which causes chipping and peeling..
Would any oil suffice? Not necessarily! Solar Oil™ is designed to work with Shellac. It has very small molecules that can travel down the microscopic channels in the surface of the Shellac making it pliable and resistant to chipping.​

 Removal.
Proper removal plays a huge part in how your next Shellac Manicure will last and is vital in maintaining the health of your natural nail.
Shellac should NEVER be filed off or picked off. Peeling the Shellac coating WILL damage your natural nails by removing the layers, making your nails weaker and drier. Shellac bonds very well with a healthy nail. The first layer of the natural nail is a very dense, protective layer of keratin. You want to protect that layer! When Shellac is applied to a damaged nail, the bond might not be as strong and that area might peel and chip in the future.
We recommend a visit to the salon for a proper removal before Shellac starts to chip or peel.
Proper removal includes wrapping the nails with cotton and remover for 10 minutes letting the Shellac loosen up and release safely from the natural nail.
Soaking in a bowl or leaving the wraps on not long enough causes only partial softening of the product which then leads to forcefully prying or scraping the product off = DAMAGE.
Shellac should effortlessly flake off the nail. It should not be scraped off!
If you see a white, flakey spots on the nails, it simply means that the nail is dehydrated. The dehydration can be caused by not using oil or peeling the Shellac off which removed that protective layer of the dense keratin off leaving the nail vulnerable to dryness. If that happens, you don’t have to stop getting Shellac Manicures. Just use cuticle oil regurarly and don’t ever peel the Shellac. The dry part of the nail will simply grow out​

Last edited:
To make it more visual to clients I will actually check the first box with a red marker in front of them, telling them with a sweet smile on my face that the rest is up to them.:wink2:

I'm honestly tired of people picking it off and acting like they had no idea that they are damaging their nails :grr:

I have a feeling that I can talk till I'm blue in the face but unless they see it in print, they just dont get it!

I have another brilliant idea!
I will print their next appointment date by the REMOVAL part. If they don't book an appointment saying that they will book online I will still write
"suggested app date (day/month)"

Sounds very professional:)

I would say UP TO 2 weeks on hands and UP TO 4-6 weeks on toes though, just to be on the safe side:)

Sounds very professional:)

I would say UP TO 2 weeks on hands and UP TO 4-6 weeks on toes though, just to be on the safe side:)

VERY good point!!
I'm editing it now!!

To make it more visual to clients I will actually check the first box with a red marker in front of them, telling them with a sweet smile on my face that the rest is up to them.:wink2:

I'm honestly tired of people picking it off and acting like they had no idea that they are damaging their nails :grr:

I have a feeling that I can talk till I'm blue in the face but unless they see it in print, they just dont get it!

I have another brilliant idea!
I will print their next appointment date by the REMOVAL part. If they don't book an appointment saying that they will book online I will still write
"suggested app date (day/month)"

WELL THOUGHT OUT, Anna. great job.

Sorry to be dim .. .. Anna is this a pamphlet which you are preparing to give to clients/potential clients?

Sorry to be dim .. .. Anna is this a pamphlet which you are preparing to give to clients/potential clients?

Yes, it's for the clients.

Brilliant. I might have to borrow that if you don't mind ; )

WHAT MAKES A PERFECT SHELLAC™ MANICURE?

What is Shellac?
Shellac™ is made by CND and it is a (delete very) unique product. It comes in an array of colors, it goes on thin, just like a polish, it looks just like a polish but it’s cured (dried) by a UV light. Once Shellac is cured- it’s completely dry!
Shellac stays shiny and lasts up to 2 weeks on the hands, and up to 4-6 weeks on the feet. It's very easy to remove without damage to the natural nails (when removed properly).

What makes a perfect Shellac™ manicure?
We have listed 3 important components that “make” Shellac Manicure.

 Perfect application.
First, it’s important to know that Shellac™ is a brand and NOT a type of service. Only genuine Shellac™ should be used to perform a “Shellac Manicure”. Shellac™ base coat, Shellac ™ color coat and Shellac™ top coat all must be used with a perfect Shellac™ Manicure. If the bottle doesn’t say “CND Shellac™” then, don’t be fooled! It’s NOT Shellac!
We always perform a manicure before application of Shellac™. Why? If there is any cuticle left on the nail plate, Shellac might flake off from that area.
Shellac must be cured in CND approved lamps. You can see CND logo on top. Shellac is not guaranteed unless it is cured (dried) with CND lamps.​

 Maintenance.
Shellac is very low maintenance. Solar Oil™ should be used at least 2 x day, preferably every night so the oil won’t be washed off right away. The oil is supposed to be applied around the cuticle and massaged into the nail. Solar Oil™ not only does wonders to the skin, but it penetrates through the Shellac polish. It does benefit the natural nail as well as the Shellac itself, plasticising it and making it pliable, resisting chipping and peeling.
When the Solar Oil™ is not used Shellac, might be prone to drying out which causes chipping and peeling..
Would any oil suffice? Not necessarily! Solar Oil™ is designed to work with Shellac. It has very small molecules that can travel down the microscopic channels in the surface of the Shellac making it pliable and resistant to chipping.​

 Removal.
Proper removal plays a huge part in how your next Shellac Manicure will last and is vital in maintaining the health of your natural nail.
Shellac should NEVER be filed off or picked off. Peeling the Shellac coating WILL damage your natural nails by removing the layers, making your nails weaker and drier. Shellac bonds very well with a healthy nail. The first layer of the natural nail is a very dense, protective layer of keratin. You want to protect that layer! When Shellac is applied to a damaged nail, the bond might not be as strong and that area might peel and chip in the future.
We recommend a visit to the salon for a proper removal before Shellac starts to chip or peel.
Proper removal includes wrapping the nails with cotton and remover for 10 minutes letting the Shellac loosen up and release safely from the natural nail.
Soaking in a bowl or leaving the wraps on not long enough causes only partial softening of the product which then leads to forcefully prying or scraping the product off = DAMAGE.
Shellac should effortlessly flake off the nail. It should not be scraped off!
If you see a white, flakey spots on the nails, it simply means that the nail is dehydrated. The dehydration can be caused by not using oil or peeling the Shellac off which removed that protective layer of the dense keratin off leaving the nail vulnerable to dryness. If that happens, you don’t have to stop getting Shellac Manicures. Just use cuticle oil regurarly and don’t ever peel the Shellac. The dry part of the nail will simply grow out​

See edits above in red. HTH.

Brilliant - great information. Well done x

I haven't read all of it, but the one thing that stood out to me is after the word 'cured' you have put 'dried' in brackets. I know this kind of explains it easier to clients, but its incorrect, as the lamp cures, it doesn't dry. By saying this, it tells your clients that the lamp is just a nail dryer and it is so much more. I would leave it just saying 'cured'. If anything, the word 'set' would be better IMO.
x

Thank you so much!! I have made the corrections!! <3

I haven't read all of it, but the one thing that stood out to me is after the word 'cured' you have put 'dried' in brackets. I know this kind of explains it easier to clients, but its incorrect, as the lamp cures, it doesn't dry. By saying this, it tells your clients that the lamp is just a nail dryer and it is so much more. I would leave it just saying 'cured'. If anything, the word 'set' would be better IMO.
x

Good point!
Gigi, what would you say?

LOVE this! Well done you! x

I think it's fantastic. :)

Wow that is fab!! It has really inspired me to write my own :)

Sent from my GT-S5360 using SalonGeek

I'm gonna get this professionally designed so it looks nice in print.
I will let you know when it's ready :)

Well done this is brill for techs & clients! Thank you for sharing.

Just came across this thread and its brill! But I couldn't see any corrections in red so nor sure on the final piece. I tried to message of but you don't accept private messages. Would love to see the final piece if possible &#128512;&#128512;

Latest posts

Back