Shellac "party"

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

carlytaylor1986

Reaction score
Hello, I have a booking for thursday for 1pm, i am a mobile therapist and have 4 shellacs to do (hands AND feet) and a file & paint on hands and feet. Do you know how long this is going to take me? I have agreed to do it and am so happy ive got a big booking like this but worried the client may think i'll only be there for like 2 hours or something, when in actual fact it will be a lot longer! do you think i should text them to ask how long they'd like me there for? and how the hell do i word something like that, i am a bit worried tbh that, like i say, they dont think i will be there for as long as i actually will be xx

oooh and i only have the 1 lamp :eek:

Hiya, I would ring the lady holding the party to finalise details. I wouldn't ask her how long she wants me for, I'd tell her how long each treatment takes and say based on your requirements, expect me to be with you for X hrs. If she seems shocked say, this is how long these treatments take and as I'm just one therapist I can only do one client at a time. Just be honest from the outset and see what she says. She night not be phased, if she is then you can come to an arrangement that works for both of you. E.g. one or two of the ladies may just have one treatment or the other (hands or feet)? This way she will know what to expect and so will you and you wont arrive stressing about being too slow, not fulfilling their' speedy expectations etc! :) Remember to allow time for set up and time inbetween for sanitizing your tools etc.

Good luck! xx

Hiya, I would ring the lady holding the party to finalise details. I wouldn't ask her how long she wants me for, I'd tell her how long each treatment takes and say based on your requirements, expect me to be with you for X hrs. If she seems shocked say, this is how long these treatments take and as I'm just one therapist I can only do one client at a time. Just be honest from the outset and see what she says. She night not be phased, if she is then you can come to an arrangement that works for both of you. E.g. one or two of the ladies may just have one treatment or the other (hands or feet)? This way she will know what to expect and so will you and you wont arrive stressing about being too slow, not fulfilling their' speedy expectations etc! :) Remember to allow time for set up and time inbetween for sanitizing your tools etc.

Good luck! xx

ah thank you. very scary though calling a client hehe! i dont know why im so worried, but it did cross my mind about being too slow etc. I might call her on Monday say, it's near enough to Thursday for her to let her friends know and enough time to give them warning if they don't want everything done. I may say around 45 minutes per treatment as the nails have to cure etc. I really don't mind how long i am there for, but just dont want them to think OMG WHEN is she going to finish! thanks so much for that! xx

I Would suggest giving them an estimate of how long each treamtment will take. You'll find that after you've done the first person you may work faster and it wont be as long as you think. i always think with one client you need to set up and your trying to make conversation with them. however I find that with groups its a bit different. Once your set up your good to go other than cleaning tools, files, lamp between clients and the converstaion tends to go on round about you so you can get your head down and do the manicure/pedicure. Talking always slows me down.

Good luck with the party hun.
I would maybe call them now though instead of holding on till Monday.

And I agree, once your set up and have done the first client you'll probably speed up abit. Just dont get too distracted by the chit chat lol x

good luck hun and dont worry too much, you know what us women are like when we get together and start chatting!!! they wont even notice how long they have been lol

Latest posts

Back